[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Champion F1 1965?

Champion F1 1965?

For All You Old School Enthusiasts
Bring Back Some Memories!

Champion F1 1965?

Postby mether05 » Sun May 05, 2019 3:42 pm

Looking for some help. The topic of the ready to run Champion chassis cars motivated me to ask...
Any info on a 1/24, F1, in-line RTR Champion with clear body from a round 1964-1966?

Champion 505 or 507?

If I remember correctly the motor was part of the frame, meaning the frame attached to both ends of the motor. I may be mistaken, being it was some 50 years ago.

I had mainly run Cox cars and this was my first RTR, fast as all get out, and handled so well!

Thanks for the help, boy would a photo be great!

Bob M <><
mether05
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Champion F1 1965?

Postby mattb » Sun May 05, 2019 4:52 pm

Bob, I would think it would be later than 65, maybe 67-68. I have the Auto World catalogs from both years and I will look later to see if anything close to that is listed.
mattb
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby mether05 » Sun May 05, 2019 5:25 pm

Great, thanks! I was trying to place the year based on just before I got my drivers license!

It may have been a 501 also
mether05
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby olskoolslotz » Mon May 06, 2019 6:40 am

Like this minus the front axle carrier & body mounts. This is powered by a 601 and I don't know the year of production.

olskoolslotz
"THE Champ"

Postby mether05 » Mon May 06, 2019 9:09 am

Well, sort of, the width was only as wide as the motor, no tubing running along the sides, as I recall. Drop arm with weight on guide I seem to remember.

Still thinking either a 501 or 505, don't know why?!?!? Long time to remember back! Thin wheels up front, wide foam, I think, in the rear.
mether05
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby mattb » Mon May 06, 2019 11:50 am

all the brass is added on.
mattb
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby bill from nh » Tue May 07, 2019 6:50 am

Champion's 16D's were a "500", 26D's were a "600", & 36D's were a "700" series.
bill from nh
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chrisguyw » Wed May 08, 2019 7:25 am

If the chassis looked like this, it was 507 powered.....

Cheers
Chris Walker

PS pics. pinched from Google Images..from the LASCM.

chrisguyw
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby mattb » Wed May 08, 2019 10:59 am

I think he had the earlier style chassis which was the Snuggler. Maybe.
mattb
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby mether05 » Thu May 09, 2019 4:55 pm

Thanks for the help. That is very close to what I remember, the front axle wasn’t that delicate looking, I don’t think, and I believe there was a weight on the guide.

Bogey looks correct and the screws to mount it. Would love to find one of those used! And reasonably priced!

Thanks guys!
mether05
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chrisguyw » Fri May 10, 2019 3:12 pm

chrisguyw
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby mether05 » Fri May 10, 2019 4:22 pm

Those chassis’ are sweet looking, just not at all what I remember.

Maybe I’m just not remembering this right, was a long time ago!
mether05
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to Vintage Slot Cars