VIP set, and Christmas memories !

For All You Old School Enthusiasts
Bring Back Some Memories!

Re: VIP set, and Christmas memories !

Postby Guildman » Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:30 am

On some forums, my username is ClubSpecial, the name given to the chassis available separately from VIP. I put mine under an early MRRC clear vac-formed Corvette Stingray split window with lots of air gun pellets buried in glazing putty for weights! It won a lot of races at the Hornchurch Model Motor Racing Club.
The motor was actually a 6 pole in appearance meaning it was a "split 3 pole". Beyond that fact I have no idea what that means. VIP guides were slide on, slide off with easily changed brushes, a marvelous design, never beaten. I have a couple now and some VIP chassis bits and a complete Honda F1 with none of that nasty warpage so prevalent on early plastics.
VIP also did a range of plastic boats including a Crash tender which unfortunately warp badly. My fried also had a large VIP Morris Minor which used a famous Mighty Midget motor in the back and was steered with a cable operated control, containing large (U2) batteries. A real quality company and very much part of my wonderful childhood.

Martin
Guildman

Previous

Return to Vintage Slot Cars