[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Some of my old junk

Some of my old junk

For All You Old School Enthusiasts
Bring Back Some Memories!

Some of my old junk

Postby NHBandit » Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:33 am

NHBandit

Re: Some of my old junk

Postby chappyman66 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:46 am

Nice 4 lane Revell....with Cox thumb controllers :clap:

A great vintage track. The Eldon and Strombecker cars run pretty well with minimal upgrades.
Those Revell gears were and are horrible. I would get the replacement cox-style gears if you are staying with1/8" axles. The cars will thank you!

And plenty of us have the same "old junk"....it runs well with a little effort, and the bodies clean up and detail well.
chappyman66
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:40 am

Love those old cars,and the old cox controllers. Got much of the same “ junk” as well. Nothing turns back the clock like running that stuff. Something magic about it.
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby mattb » Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:50 pm

Hard to beat that 1960's slot car track. That nice 4 laner is what we all wish we would have had back then. Some day I might still set up another plastic 1/32 track. It's hard to forget where we started and it is nice to have enough room to setup a nice sized layout. Big powerful cars do not make racing any better, only faster and harder. Mild motors and competitive cars suited to your track is what makes it fun. You need some extra Cox controllers? what size gears do you need? I probably have some used stuff.

Good job.
mattb
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby ourwayband » Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:00 pm

Great looking collection of some fun to run cars..
That Vintage Revel track is some of the best out there..

Rusty
ourwayband
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dge467 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:21 pm

Nice group of cars and the track looks great too!
dge467
The King of Foil

Postby TuscoTodd » Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:14 am

Looks like a fun group of cars to run - especially on that four lane track! :)
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby 4380r » Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:33 pm

When our club started in 1995 I had a huge 4 lane Revell layout. It started as an Americana set I bought, which could be assembled as a 25' 4 lane or 50' 2 lane layout, and grew from there as I acquired more loose track. Really great track in all respects. Virtually the same as Monogram. Those two were the best vintage track, except for the 3 lane 1/24 scale Scalextric, which compares favorably to this day even to the Carrera track. Would love to see more pix of your really clean Revell layout.

Interestingly, back in '95 those vintage cars, primitive as they were, shod with fresh rubber, would run and hide from magnet-less Scalex, SCX, Ninco, etc. cars.Those 'modern' cars were truly toys. Now, of course, those old Revell and Strombecker cars can't remotely hang with the NSR, SlotIt, Avant, ScaleAuto, Sideways, etc. cars.
4380r
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby NHBandit » Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:04 am

NHBandit

Postby BIG E » Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:37 pm

Very cool collection of "junk", actually good vintage FUN race cars as you already well know. I've still got my restored REVELL Corvette, Aston Martin, Mercedes Benz and Ferrari , and also the original Monogram FORD GT and Ferrari early Le Mans prototype racers. Many years ago, we had the REVELL Americana, High Bank, and Italia sets combined with other purchases of loose track down in the basement to make a massive 4 lane track that covered three 4x8 foot tables. Two end to end with the third butted up on the long side just about where the other two meet. I'm finally parting with all that track (but keeping all the cars) in less than two weeks. Gonna miss it, but I don't have the space for that kind of set up any longer.

If you can't locate the vintage Nylatron COX or Weldun crown gears, I believe the PARMA PSE replacement crown gears for 1/8" axles would work fine, and probably run smoother.
I know, they're PINK, but what can you do? We run them here on Long Island on all different types of Hard Body cars, Modifieds, Sprint Cars, ect.
Readily available and reasonably priced. Just a suggestion to help you keep those awesome vintage cars running... and havin' lots of FUN, too!

Enjoy! -- Ernie :>)
BIG E
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby NHBandit » Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:13 am

NHBandit

Return to Vintage Slot Cars