Big Score of the week!

For All You Old School Enthusiasts
Bring Back Some Memories!

Re: Big Score of the week!

Postby RBPhillips » Wed Aug 22, 2018 4:48 pm

I forgot to note I really dig seeing a near-virgin 15 Ohm "Maroon" Cox controller. Quite quickly I had to buy a 5 Ohm MRC (green) that would live under the abuse my rewinds would trigger. Ah, why do what everyone else was rewinding with 26s and 36s when you could beat them with ultrashort windings of #28?
RBPhillips

Re: Big Score of the week!

Postby BIG E » Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:14 am

Ahh, sorry... when I said best, I was referring to the Lotus 30/40 program as a whole, drawbacks and all. I don't believe Jim Clark ever got the chance to drive anything in prototype sports cars much after that, his fateful F2 crash was looming in the near future. For the most part, if memory serves, Mclarens and Lolas in various forms were the big winners of the day.
Despite the 1/1 car's record, the Lotus was very popular with the slot car crowd, as was the revolutionary Chaparral series of sports racers, which probably won more races than the Lotus, but also had many disappointing finishes and DNFs throughout their racing career. Then again, Jim Hall's racers just looked so cool, we couldn't resist!
Good to see everyone knows their stuff! It's all part of the enjoyment we get from the hobby, for sure. -- Ernie :>)
BIG E
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Previous

Return to Vintage Slot Cars