Marx orphan remake

For All You Old School Enthusiasts
Bring Back Some Memories!

Marx orphan remake

Postby btaylor » Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:48 am

I got a heck of a deal on bunch of old Marx cars and components. Just could not pass up the opportunity to try and make these out of scale, not quite on the mark racers look like something. And of course, make them race worthy! Started out with one each of the 1960 series cars. One is obviously an attempt at a Maserati Tipo, while the other is loosely based on a Ferrari 250 (I think?) I have a couple more on the way, A jag xk series, and what looks like a Ferrari 268. These cars work out to approximately 1/25 scale, so no problem with wheels and tires. Im trying to find the best chassis design to work under several of these, so I can have a matched series. I believe I can make some fun cars from these, and keep a few of them from dying a slow death in someone's attic or Garage. Stilll quite cheap to buy on auction, and plenty of them available, so here goes!
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Re: Marx orphan remake

Postby btaylor » Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:48 am

Both cars re chassied, and up and running. Decided to add lights to this series, as I like night racing. Tried two different approaches to chassis', the Birdcage is using a hybrid Printed pod and brass, while the Ferrari is running a revamped artin with 1/8" axles and Piranha motor, used the Eldon wheels as inserts for the H&R wheels, Using my own urethanes front and rear on both cars. Times are almost identical at mid 8's on my track. Not to shabby, as the tuned F1 car are running high 7's to low 8's. I know these are not for everyone, but with a little effort and some detailing, they are really fun cars.
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby TuscoTodd » Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:08 am

Great to see these getting some attention Bob!
Looking forward to see additional conversions!
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby Ky.Slot Racer » Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:06 pm

cool looking bodies no matter what Bob, I think they are pretty SuperneatO, myself I think I would stretch some old Artin chassis just to make a even field, and give them a power range that would fit the era they were available new.
Ky.Slot Racer
HRW Master Modeler

Postby model murdering » Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:20 pm

Delightful!
model murdering
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Mitch58 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:01 am

I did the same thing with the Ferrari on an Artin chassis. It's a great little car.
Mitch58
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby FC47 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:36 am

They look Great!
FC47
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby ccobra » Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:47 pm

Wow, those sure do bring back the memories for my brother had the 1/32 Marx set with the MB 300SL and another car that I can't remember. Sure wish that I had saved that body for with all the expert help here I bet I could have repaired it today.
ccobra
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to Vintage Slot Cars