[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Strombecker Ferrari Dino

Strombecker Ferrari Dino

For All You Old School Enthusiasts
Bring Back Some Memories!

Strombecker Ferrari Dino

Postby BARC 1 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:05 am

I decided to enter the IPS this year. I have two of the Old Strombecker Ferrari Dino's. The rear valance on the slot car was flat where as on the 1:1 car it was rounded. I removed this piece and was left with a Ferrari 206.

This body had the headlights bored out, as well as the front and rear radiator screens.

The only motor I had that was proxy legal was the BWA slimcan, so that is how this is going to be entered. The slimcan allowed a nice low stance on the car. Not very fast but it is stable and smooth, and I just hope it can be competitive with the other slimcans

Chassis is Brass, Lego axle blocks, and a gift card.

BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Strombecker Ferrari Dino

Postby munter » Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:57 pm

Nice car there BARC 1.

Low is good but I hope the running gear is mostly bullet proof as the IPS is quite a torrid experience for a car.
munter
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:28 pm

Well it is very similiar to my #20 BARC Porsche 550 that is just finishing up the PanAmerican run. It is light and fairly slow so I doubt it has the velocity to destroy itself, and if it does then next year will be all brass :D
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby alexis in greece » Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:37 pm

A sJohn mentioned the plastic pinion worries me
alexis in greece
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Brumos RSR » Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:34 pm

Dan, I too was shocked at the speed of the slimline at 14k and change. But once the competition starts, everyone else is either running the same, the MT130 can or BWA motor and it evens out. I Believe a SL even finished in the top 10 over all.
Brumos RSR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:37 pm

Nice car, Dan. Hard to go wrong with a Maranello car. That old Strombecker body looks good.

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby alexis in greece » Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:22 am

alexis in greece
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:26 pm

BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Quickcars » Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:01 pm

This is AWESOME... Nice job!! I have one of these lying around somewhere. Thanks for the inspiration to do something with it.

QC
Quickcars
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TAMELESSTGR » Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:36 pm

Can you explain to me the use of the lego blocks, this intrigues me!
TAMELESSTGR

Postby BARC 1 » Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:42 am

I started using lego blocks for bearing blocks on some builds. The ones I used come with a factory bore that a bearing will fit into nicely. They are precise engineered blocks and work well for inline applications.
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby strummer57 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 6:36 am

Very nice indeed...

Mark in Oregon
strummer57

Return to Vintage Slot Cars