[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Monogram X-110 motor wanted to buy

Monogram X-110 motor wanted to buy

For All You Old School Enthusiasts
Bring Back Some Memories!

Monogram X-110 motor wanted to buy

Postby Doubleshots » Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:13 am

Digging through my stuff the other day I realized I have a complete Monogram 1/32 frame but no motor. So, looking for the X-110 motor. That's the one with the clip that holds it to the back section of the chassis. Need the clip too.

Then all I'll need is a body!

Thanks,
Vince
Doubleshots

Re: Monogram X-110 motor wanted to buy

Postby TuscoTodd » Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:44 am

Vince -
I have a couple random motors and clips in a lot that I got on auction - I am not familiar enough with the older Monogram Motors / clips to tell if any of these might be what you are looking for. Do you have a link to a picture etc that you could share?
:)
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby chappyman66 » Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:10 pm

Monogram made a couple of chassis for sports cars. An aluminum plate style for home set cars, a brass ladder chassis with a drop arm (330 PLM for sure) and the 2 piece front/rear brass chassis like EJs Hobby sells.
There were some narrow F1 chassis as well.

I am a bit confused about the clip though...the Monogram chassis had front and rear plates to hold the motor instead of the clip.
Now, the COX magnesium chassis and the ISO fulcrum chassis both used a clip.....
A pic would be great.

FWIW....these x-110 motors show up on auction sites reasonably frequently.
chappyman66
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Doubleshots » Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:42 am

Yes, a picture is worth a thousand words!

Left is chassis needing motor. Note big hole for bearing end of motor to be held in by a clip. Ferrari 330P/LM chassis with motor (Mabuchi type B, 500/F16D) I need, missing the clip. The clip I just found in the bottom of parts drawer I'll clip on later. Right is the other Monogram motor (Mabuchi type A, 500/F16D) which, I believe, would fit in the EJs chassis.

Mono MotorA.jpg
Doubleshots

Postby BIG E » Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:59 pm

I have a friend here on Long Island with lots of vintage Monogram stuff.
If you're still searching, he may be able to help you out.
PM me for more info. -- Ernie :>)
BIG E
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BIG E » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:05 pm

How did you make out with the lead I gave you?
I'll be seeing him tonight at our monthly model car club meeting.
PM me, please. -- Ernie :>)
BIG E
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to Vintage Slot Cars