Looking For 1/24 Eldon Dragster Chrome Wheel.

For All You Old School Enthusiasts
Bring Back Some Memories!

Looking For 1/24 Eldon Dragster Chrome Wheel.

Postby midagekid1 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:50 pm

Hi To All:

I thought I would try to reach out again.. I am looking for 1 original 1/24 Eldon Rear Dragster Rim.. only one.. I have a ton of vintage slot car parts and would trade, buy or beg to get one... if you also have a ski set with attachment for the Eldon Snow Mobile I would again trade, beg or buy the part... only need 1... Hope someone can assist me. Not looking for repo. parts.

Tom
midagekid1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Looking For 1/24 Eldon Dragster Chrome Wheel.

Postby 4380r » Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:02 am

Keep an eye on ebay, they show up with some frequency in various states: from mint to crushed. Make sure you use all plausible search functions, not just 'eldon dragster' but 'eliminator' etc. Also search "slot car junk parts" and "vintage slot car parts" and closely examine the pics. I assembled a Cox mag frame 2E by scouring parts for sale on ebay.

I once bought a mint Eldon Eliminator set at a yard sale for $15, wound up trading it for a set of 1:1 scale Lotus Europa door hinges.

I know you don't want repops, but if you ever choose to go that route, there are some out there.
4380r
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby midagekid1 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:40 pm

Guy's:

Still at it... I have searched under every track and car I could think of and still cannot get any response on where I can get the original rear wheel.. somebody in the slot car world must know of someone who has one.. I think Eldon made more than the two I have... whoever can find me one will be on my Christmas card list for life.. now there is an offer!!! :music-rockout:
midagekid1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby model murdering » Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:20 pm

Hang in there!

Periodically you'll see bit's and pieces for this model on the never ending conveyor that is paybay. You'll have to suffer a lot of flotsam and jettison, but over the last coupla years I've seen a few listings for partials that would have solved your dilemma.

Good Luck

Bill
model murdering
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby ourwayband » Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:11 pm

Here is a link to a auction on the bay.
Might help
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Eldon-1 ... Sw32lYuzzz

Rusty
ourwayband
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby btaylor » Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:57 am

Is that wheel shared on any other Eldon cars? I have a couple of 1/24 scale Eldon cars not in use. a picture would help.

Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby midagekid1 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:11 pm

Hi:

This chrome wheel is just made for the Eldon Eliminator Dragster.... Also thanks to 'ourwayband member, I bid but as soon as the auction went over a 100 bucks, I was out... the car was pretty much destroyed except for the rear end of it. Just for a rim, this was a bit too expensive.. I will keep searching and searching and searching.....
midagekid1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to Vintage Slot Cars