[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Vintage slot info ??

Vintage slot info ??

For All You Old School Enthusiasts
Bring Back Some Memories!

Vintage slot info ??

Postby ourwayband » Sun Aug 21, 2016 7:04 am

Guys,picked this little jewel up a couple of weeks ago.It is missing the glass ,roll bar and intake,but runs well.Any info on it?
Thanks
Rusty H
ourwayband
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Vintage slot info ??

Postby mattb » Sun Aug 21, 2016 1:46 pm

Monogram Lola T70 that came in the Road America and the 4 lane race sets. Same body as the 1/32 kit car, just a different chassis. Brad Blohm may sell windshields on Ebay.
mattb
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chappyman66 » Sun Aug 21, 2016 2:04 pm

What Matt said^^^^^
The aluminum chassis isn't so good but you can still find the brass ones and the mounting locations are the same.
chappyman66
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby LolaGT » Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:42 pm

I know this is my first post here... but hey ya gotta start somewhere.

My name is Ken, and I've been collecting 1/32 slots from the 1960's for awhile now. Revells and Monograms mostly, but I do have a weakness for Strombeckers too.

Anyway, I bought a car just like the OP's about a month ago, and couldn't find any information on it anywhere. Now thanks to this forum, I know what my car actually is. Wonder how it would do with new tires and a Russkit 23 motor in it?

LolaGT
LolaGT

Postby chappyman66 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:47 pm

Hi Ken, they are fun cars, performance depends on your track. Those Russkit motors like long straights....
But there are lots of good tire options out there.
chappyman66
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chrisguyw » Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:53 am

chrisguyw
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby LolaGT » Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:23 pm

That's a nice looking car! Did you put a modern chassis in it or did you keep the brass one?

I bought my GT awhile back thinking to strip it and restore it, but when it finally came I couldn't bring myself to do it. Up close it oozes 1965, and some kid saving his paperboy money to buy it... right down to the upside down 'peace sign' taillights. I wish I knew how to preserve the original decals, as I'm afraid to pick it up because they might fall off. I ended up buying three others to get enough parts for a cherry body.

Thank you for the T70 drive ideas. I have this original chassis, and I was thinking about using a brass one instead with updated motor and wheels. I like to see nice looking original cars, but fast original cars are a lot more fun.

Ken
LolaGT

Postby chrisguyw » Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:47 am

chrisguyw
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby LolaGT » Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:37 pm

I read about your modifications awhile back, and bought a cobbled Monogram frame to restore and modify with your mods for my GT.
Thank you for posting those, I'm going to try them out.

Ken
LolaGT

Return to Vintage Slot Cars