[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - strombecker redux part 1

strombecker redux part 1

For All You Old School Enthusiasts
Bring Back Some Memories!

strombecker redux part 1

Postby smallblockhero » Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:20 am

i spent the last 2 days slathering easy off and brake fluid on these old strom bodies i picked up cheap. some had seriously... 7 coats of paint on them! i dont know what the hell ill do with them all but im having fun.

stripping the bodies. look at all the colors.

clean down to the bare plastics. almost new. the Mckee mk10 is pretty beat up though.

a little paint and body post work

i had 2 ferrari P3's that are near perfect original untouched bodies so i cut down an old power slot lola chassis i ruined a long time ago. popped on an old Fly motor and wheels and dang ..this thing hauls the mail and has a neat lil old skool flair to it

smallblockhero
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: strombecker redux part 1

Postby dreinecke » Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:31 am

I saw that lot on eBay and thought "holy cow, that is a LOT of paint!". Starting to shape up nicely!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby dge467 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:49 pm

Nice resto work! It's always "fun" to strip old paint!
dge467
The King of Foil

Postby goosenapper » Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:46 pm

That first car looks so rough, you could sand tires with it! The paint stripping photos looks like something out of an old cheesy horror movie- you know the kind, where atomic testing leads to mutated bugs or something...
goosenapper
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:20 pm

That P3 is an Eldon, isn't it?
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby smallblockhero » Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:02 pm

smallblockhero
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby KnowtoriousWon » Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:25 pm

I see a McLaren, and the two McKees, the Mopar body... looks like a nice haul.
The blue paint on the McKee and red on the McLaren looks really nice - keep up the good work.
Some of the Strombecker and Eldon stuff was modeled really well and with some detailing can be great looking slot car racers.
KnowtoriousWon

Postby olskoolslotz » Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:30 pm

Last edited by olskoolslotz on Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
olskoolslotz
"THE Champ"

Postby smallblockhero » Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:19 pm

i have 2 of them.. both with no valance. i was wondering if it had one or not. i just chalked it up to no since both didnt have one.
smallblockhero
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby jmsh54 » Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:28 pm

Nothing more fun than bringing one of the old back in the day slot cars back to life. Looks like you are doing a great job. Although I kind of like the paint job on the car in the very first picture of post one. :D Regards, John
jmsh54

Postby smallblockhero » Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:45 am

im loving these things to be honest. way more fun then buying a done car to me.

smallblockhero
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chappyman66 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:20 pm

That is beautiful work! Just goes to show that even Strom and Eldon bodies can look nice with a little bit of work.
chappyman66
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby smallblockhero » Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:04 am

Thank you kind sir.

im still awaiting the proper wheels. but in the mean time ive test fitted her with some CB's i had. it looks tuff with these on it. finally got my decal sheets in the mail. shes lookin track worthy now i think.

i wish i had a better way to mount that windscreen or at least did it better. but this is a test car anyway. brushing up the old skills to do my RMS version from Dave. itll take time and hopefully ill learn some tricks of the trade and do good quality version.

smallblockhero
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to Vintage Slot Cars