[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Ideal Motorifics

Ideal Motorifics

For All You Old School Enthusiasts
Bring Back Some Memories!

Ideal Motorifics

Postby dge467 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:02 pm

dge467
The King of Foil

Re: Ideal Motorifics

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:26 pm

That is very cool to see. Well done on the restos. I don't have any of them left myself, but I had a couple.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby chappyman66 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:41 pm

Love the running Motorifics. Do you make the tires? If not, where did you get them? I have seen things on ebay, but they say rubber (vs a cast silicone tire).

PM me, we can discuss.
chappyman66
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Sat Aug 01, 2015 4:39 am

Those look pretty cool, Jeff! What scale do they approximate? Is that a Carman Ghia in the last row...........?

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BIG E » Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:45 am

They're self powered slot cars, that's all, man! :>)
I kept a about a dozen or so of the Motorific bodies (and one complete car) for my collection, and sold off all the rest along with two sets and extra track accessories in one big lot at one of our Super Bowl Sunday slot car shows here a few years ago. I've been wanting to try one or two of the bodies on the Aurora Thunderjet 500 "O" gauge (Super Model Motoring, 1964-65) chassis, but like many other projects, can never get around to it. Maybe in the Winter when we start the HO drag racing series again I'll try one, along with the AMT 1/43 Ford Torino body I've got planned. A small extension fabricated for the front axle and I should be in business. If anyone is interested, I know a vendor on Long Island that has a good quantity of new old stock red and black two tone Barracuda bodies (like the one in the photo), for sale. PM me if you're interested and I can put you in touch with him.
Nice Motorific collection, thanks for the photos. Enjoy! -- Ernie :>)
BIG E
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby ourwayband » Sat Aug 01, 2015 1:06 pm

Nice video Jeff.Hard not to like the Motorifics..
Rusty
ourwayband
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dge467 » Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:19 am

dge467
The King of Foil

Postby BRP32 » Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:58 am

I love the tow truck!

I need that for my gas station on my lionel train layout I'm building.

I'll have to look for some of these for scenery.

Thanks for sharing!

Wayne :D :D :D
BRP32
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BIG E » Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:41 pm

The Motorific Tow Truck is one of the most desired of the vehicles that IDEAL Toy Co. made for the system.
Of course, the tow trucks I've seen at shows have people asking the big $$$ for nice clean ones.
They are a cool looking GMC wrecker, and would probably look good converted to a slot (or display) chassis.
Hope you can find a decent one without spending ALL the lunch money! :>)
Happy hunting... Ernie :>)
BIG E
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby bozcorp61 » Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:42 am

Hi All
Motorific tyres are available on american ebay from a seller who calls himself treasurehunter63. Give him a go as i ordered eight tyres from him and somehow through the magic of ebay payed too much postage. The result was twelve tyres arriving with a hand written note from the seller explaining what had happened. Total cost$10.01 USD which also included $3.51 postage to australia and it arrived the next week, quicker than i get stuff from inside australia. Is'nt it great to find honest people out there.

Regards

Greg
bozcorp61

Postby BRP32 » Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:08 am

I need to look into these for scenery for my Lionel train layout. They are the perfect size for 1/43-1/50 o scale.

A friend of mine when I was really young had a torture track set up with these with his Dad down their basement. his Dad was an avid flea marketer back then and would haul boxes of stuff like this home for him.

You don't see it much at garage sales anymore.... Mostly in collectors and dealers hands at the shows....
BRP32
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dge467 » Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:04 pm

Hi Wayne. You can find them once and a great while on E bay for cheap. Check your local Craig's List too.
dge467
The King of Foil

Postby burad » Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:32 pm

I have a couple chassis, three bodies and some track i would like to sell.
burad

Postby dge467 » Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:01 pm

dge467
The King of Foil

Return to Vintage Slot Cars