Strombecker Knife??

For All You Old School Enthusiasts
Bring Back Some Memories!

Strombecker Knife??

Postby Doubleshots » Thu May 21, 2015 7:02 pm

I've been searching for Strombecker stuff on the internet, and bulletin boards before that, for about 20 years. I've been on ebay since 1999. I've never, ever seen a Strombecker knife. Today, an ebay search turns up three! Example - http://www.ebay.com/itm/STROMBECKER-Slo ... 4d3262e5ec

Did someone find a warehouse full? Did I just miss them all these years?
Doubleshots

Re: Strombecker Knife??

Postby chappy » Thu May 21, 2015 7:50 pm

Now that is cool, never ever seen one of them before.
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby Doubleshots » Fri May 22, 2015 9:10 am

I figured it out. I out-tricked myself. I was limiting my searches to the "Slot Cars" section so I wouldn't have to scroll through Strombecker doll furniture. I saw 8 or 10 recently sold Strom knives were all in the Knife section (of course). Since I wasn't searching all of ebay, I missed them. Someone must have realized where the potential buyers were and put the knives in Slot Cars.
Doubleshots

Postby TsgtRet » Sun May 24, 2015 7:28 am

I remember these from back in the 60s. Strangely enough I've seen one or 2 in toolboxes over the years long after the owner got out of slotting.
TsgtRet
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Mixzensei » Thu Oct 01, 2015 4:37 am

I am a long time, and here's what yes.
Mixzensei

Postby Mitch58 » Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:18 am

I am a long time Strombecker fan, as that is what I had as a kid. I had never heard of their knife until that posting last spring. I'm not a collector of any means, I'm more of a consumer, how ever I did purchase one of those. It wasn't just a knife but has various tool expressly for Strombecker slot cars
Mitch58
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:36 am

They show up now and then on HRW just like this one- one of us comes across it and posts a notice just like this. The last one before this was in a package that was nearly pristine.

I barely remember them on pegboard racks in the hobby shop. If there wasn't a picture of it in the package I would have said I hadn't seen one, but the memory comes back fast when I see it.

Does anyone else remember the little wrenches and screwdrivers that Aurora sold in a little plastic bell jar? I actually still have one of those.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Return to Vintage Slot Cars