[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Kal Kar Anyone?

Kal Kar Anyone?

For All You Old School Enthusiasts
Bring Back Some Memories!

Kal Kar Anyone?

Postby reek455 » Sat Feb 07, 2015 5:30 pm

reek455
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Kal Kar Anyone?

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sat Feb 07, 2015 5:54 pm

Very cool. Excellent cars.

Remember they made wood track too :)

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby TuscoTodd » Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:00 pm

That is a slick idea with the "over 50". :)
Keeps the wheels of those cars turnin'!
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby chappy » Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:46 pm

Very Cool. Car actually cars I like the vette too.

Harry isnt that Bob Braverman building the Kal Car wood sectional track. Way back in the 60s.
Bob C
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:50 pm

Might be. I scanned that years ago from an old Model Car Science article I think.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby reek455 » Sat Feb 07, 2015 10:26 pm

Harry,
Can you e-mail me that pic of the Kal Kar track? In addition would it be OK for me to post on our local forum? There's a few guys who would get a kick out of it.

Regards
Rico
reek455
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sat Feb 07, 2015 10:37 pm

I can, but you can just right click on it and save it to your computer. I will look for the magazine for you as well.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby reek455 » Sat Feb 07, 2015 10:48 pm

I knew that but just thought I should have your permission, so thank you.
reek455
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby mattb » Sun Feb 08, 2015 1:23 pm

The Kal Kar 2D is about as fast as any rtr car from that period. I have had a couple of the rose colored cars. I think there may be another color that was available. They are hard to find with a nice body, they tend to be used up most of the time. I think that is the Pactra 2D body which is what I used on my first successful scratchbuilt slot car back in the 60's. I still have the car with 26 motor. Most valuable of all the stuff I have! At least to me.
mattb
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby reek455 » Sun Feb 08, 2015 3:04 pm

reek455
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby frank9129 » Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:40 pm

I am still looking for a Kal Kar tape layer.
IAMBERTO had or has one. You can lay two tapes at one time.
frank9129
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Xr4ti » Sun Feb 08, 2015 9:50 pm

Xr4ti
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Mseitz » Sun Feb 08, 2015 10:16 pm

I'm pretty sure there is an article about building tracks that also included that photo in this book by Bob Braverman. I checked that book out of the local library several times as a kid and recently bought a copy.

Cool Kal Car. A really fast car in that division would be an MPC mako shark
Mseitz

Postby Retro Racer 44 » Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:45 am

It is interesting to look back to the 60s in old photos, but you also realize how non-scale the cars were then. Most clear plastic bodies were vaguely the car they were intended to be and then we put O ring fronts and marshmallow sized spongies on the back. In our club racing the cars were closer to scale like the Vette above, but nothing like the Fly, Scaleys, Carrera, etc, and even Nincos of the past decade.
Retro Racer 44
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Mseitz » Mon Feb 09, 2015 5:21 am

There was that brief window of time from around 1964-66 when many model companies got involved and were making very good scale slot cars, mainly in hard plastic. I do like collecting cars from that period. Some of the early Lancer lexan bodies were also very good. Then, like you pointed out, it was off to the races.
Mseitz

Next

Return to Vintage Slot Cars