[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Let Me Make You a Deal!

Let Me Make You a Deal!

For All You Old School Enthusiasts
Bring Back Some Memories!

Let Me Make You a Deal!

Postby 4380r » Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:25 am

Scalextric 1/24 scale stuff, made for only two or three years in the late 60's, is among the rarest of vintage slots. The cars, especially the Lotus and Ferrari, in complete shape are beyond expensive. The only other two cars made: an Alfa Romeo and E Type Jag, are a bit less expensive, but still a pretty penny.

And the 3 lane, true 1/24 scale track, IF you can find it, can really be stupid expensive. I know, over two years I found about 150' of it, and don't want the wife to know what I paid.

Still...this is on ebay right now:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Scalextric-Tria ... RTM2247628

Now, I have this set. Not mint. Cars gone, but the track is all there, nearly new. Controllers there, box in good shape, all paperwork in there.

Tell you what, if you're considering THIS set...I'll find and buy the absolute best examples that one can find of the Jag and Alfa (came in the set), and sell them AND my otherwise complete set to you for a mere $125,000.00!!!! You'll save nearly 2/3rds of a million dollars!!!

And I would throw in extra straight and/or curve sections (your choice) for just $8,000.00 each!
Takers? Anybody?
4380r
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Let Me Make You a Deal!

Postby manchvegasracer » Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:00 am

That sounds like a great deal. Can't believe no one has jumped on it already!
manchvegasracer
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Racie35 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:32 am

You might be selling them too cheap....after you get back from your psychiatrist you might wanna consider upping the price.
Racie35
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby mattb » Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:03 pm

I'm in Todd. What a deal. This won't be a forgotten toy in 20 years will it?
mattb
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby 4380r » Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:16 pm

Last edited by 4380r on Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
4380r
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby kidvoltage » Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:25 pm

Fine with me. I'd like to see a few of those upper end priced cars reach my price range.
kidvoltage
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Racie35 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:17 pm

I'm hoping my lapse in judgement hasn't cost me the chance to acquire this! It is I who need a shrink!
Racie35
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Z-carfan » Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:30 pm

I think it was closed as it was a BS sale. "item no longer available".
Z-carfan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Z-carfan » Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:32 pm

BTW, everything this person is 'selling' is at OVER THE TOP pricing. I think they are surfing for a sucker.
Z-carfan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby mattb » Sat Apr 01, 2017 6:21 am

Todd, you'll have to wait till next week when my wife gives me my allowance.

Kidding aside, this may be the rarest set ever and this one un-opened set is probably the only one in the world. But...you have a very limited market for an item like this. The owner knows that and this isn't the first listing of this set, these listings were probably a fishing trip. Since it is closed, he has probably made a deal with somebody.

Prices on all vintage stuff have dropped from the high point of 10-12 years ago. Ebay has been really good at pulling all this old stuff out of garages, attics and basements and making it available to most collectors. Like all the old hobbies, the number of buyers does get smaller every year. With so much being readily available thru ebay, a lot of guys have got what they want and that lowers demand also.

My same old refrain, collect it because you like it and not becuase of some idea it is an "investment".
mattb
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby busterfla » Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:56 am

Over on the UK's Slotforum they have had discussions over this guy and he even joined in. He posts stuff up like this just to poke fun or rile the waters on EBay. But he does sell some stuff and has a serious collection.

Buster
busterfla

Return to Vintage Slot Cars