[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - New Member

Links To Our Main Website
10+ Years of Slot Car Articles!

Postby KD11 » Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:01 pm

I am new member, although I have been reading the forums and getting great information for the past year and a half. As many I began slot car racing in the early 60’s at a local commercial track. When I was a kid I had a HO layout on a 4X8 table. I used the HO setup for many years. I decided to I wanted to move up to a digital 1/32 scale layout. I built a 14X6 table on rollers and have a 98ft Carrera digital 132 track with 6 wireless controllers as well as the Tower, Start light, and Lap Timer. I have learned many things about the Carrera digital 132 system that I would like to share. I have also set up an Digital oval track that runs counterclockwise. It works perfectly, all accessories work. All it took was a rather simple modification to the control unit.
This is absolutely the best slot car site with great people giving the best advice and information. Thanks to all of you that contribute to the site :text-thankyouyellow:
KD11

Re: New Member

Postby btaylor » Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:22 pm

Oval? did someone say Oval? heck ya, i want to see it! and Digital too!..... (visions of digital jalopy's.......)
Welcome KD11, From Crossroads Speedway!

Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby legrandnormand » Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:23 pm

legrandnormand
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:39 pm

Welcome. Hope to see your track and welcome your ideas. It all helps others.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby KD11 » Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:47 pm

I have lots of pictures and I am working on posting them. The digital oval that I set up and tested for several hours is great fun and challenging. I set it up on my deck the straights were 14ft and the curve entrance was 3( 4/15 degree turns, followed by 3 (3/30 degree turns, followed by 3 4/15 turns. Makes for a fast track with good speed and sideways action in the corners. I have been running all cars with the rear mag removed and PGT tires on the rear. :lol:
KD11

Postby KD11 » Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:28 pm

Here is my first attempt at posting a pic of my track. Hope it works :lol:
KD11

Postby ElSecundo » Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:39 pm

Super cool track, KD11. Welcome to the board. :)

Carrera digital is always fun to run, glad to see somebody with a digital track posting here. :)
ElSecundo
The Great One

Postby KD11 » Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:41 pm

ImageImageImage
This layout is fast but does have a couple of tight turns. Where I put the driver stations and chargers saves a lot of valuable table space. :banana-dance:
KD11

Postby Ember » Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:46 pm

Welcome aboard KD. Pull up a chair, put your feet up and relax. Fun times start here.

Always reckoned digital was the way for an oval to go.
Ember
Downunder Diorama Queen

Location: South western corner of the south eastern bit of Downunder

Postby legrandnormand » Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:49 pm

Great looking track and well detailed KD11 ! :text-goodpost:
legrandnormand
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby sixtiesracer » Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:46 pm

Welcome aboard!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: Fabulous track!! :o :o
sixtiesracer