Posts missing/PM outbox

Links To Our Main Website
10+ Years of Slot Car Articles!

Posts missing/PM outbox

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:15 pm

Ok, I reset the time out limit for posting. Somehow it was set for a shorter time span than it was originally.

Sometimes posts do get lost. It is a database issue. Sometimes the host runs a query or repair on the server. It is out of my hands when they do this. And when they run it, it sometimes clears the data table for the time period they run the action.

If you have a missing post, it is likely that. It happens but is rare.

If delete a post, I will let you know usually. Sometimes I do delete your posts just to have some fun though, especially some of you veterans. I get bored and seeing you re-type things over and over is rather amusing. :liar:

The pm outbox shows a number next to it when you reply or send a PM. It shows that number until the person you sent it to READS it. So it does NOT mean you haven't sent it.

Hope this helps.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Re: Posts missing/PM outbox

Postby OldDogMotorsports » Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:59 am

so you`re tha one thats been messin with me,I`ve been taking everything into consideration,with my age and everything,HE!! I just thought I was gettin senile! :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:
OldDogMotorsports
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:19 pm

I'm just relieved to find out its not something I screwed up on this end. I'm getting a little paranoid about this computer. It cobbled together from parts and way past its expiration date. I keep spending the money on slot cars stuff, and the computer gets older and older. Someday, my luck will run out, and all my favorite stuff to do on it will just not work because my technology is so out of date. I hate to think what will happen when my cell phone can't be used anymore. See, I like for a phone to be for... phoning people. A pocket computer is just silly to me.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:12 pm

Yes, also are you talking mobile or home PC?

I see no settings on your account that would cause that here sir.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Return to HomeRacingWorld.COM