[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Paul Gage Tires!

Paul Gage Tires!

All the Latest & Greatest New Product Reviews!
Share Your Thoughts!

Paul Gage Tires!

Postby JimD » Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:13 am

I just tried my first set of Paul Gage Tires yesterday on a Carrera classic nascar. I bought the XPG SOFT version. We run on MDF and the car is stock. The XPG is a bit too grippy so I will be ordering some of the PGT versions. I really like the profile of the tire and that they sand easily. The fit was really good as well. Couldn't be happier, especially since they were about half the cost of silicones and much easier to work with. I think I found my tire of choice.

Slot Car Corner has a nice which tire do I need for which car algorithm!

Now, where did I put that article that Harry wrote with the dimension explanation?

Jim
Last edited by JimD on Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JimD

Re: Paul Gage Tires!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:10 pm

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby JimD » Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:36 pm

Hate to be a pest...

Just to make sure I understand. The three dimensions are NOT all tire dimensions correct?

The first two numbers are the tire itself, measure from the pavement to the top of the tire.

The second measurement is the wheel width and not the actual tire width? (One more thing here, is this the measurement of the complete wheel width including the small hub that is only a bit larger than the steel axel, the wheel I'm looking at is on a Carrera F1)

And lastly, width of the center rib on the wheel, not the groove in the inside of the tire?

Jim
JimD

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:41 pm

They are the tires. Not the wheels.

The numbers allow you to know what wheels they will fit.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:43 pm

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:45 pm

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby cgingras » Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:30 am

cgingras
SCC Mechanic

Postby scatman » Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:10 am

scatman
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby acmost » Mon Jan 04, 2016 7:11 pm

Uhhh...yah! Since getting back into slots a little bit, received my first PGs, Scaley Nascar COTs - pretty awesome. I get it now.
I'll be trying them on several cars.

and other things I learned, not all hex wrenches are created equal...I could turn a BWA set screw but could NOT budge a same size NSR screw with my crappy .050 wrench...enter the new SCC tool. Yay, thanks guys!
acmost
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chappy » Mon Jan 04, 2016 7:54 pm

Man and I thought I cleaned him out last night.
Great tires
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Paul Gage Tires!

Postby dbturbo2 » Wed Jan 06, 2016 12:19 am

dbturbo2

Postby scatman » Wed Jan 06, 2016 6:16 am

scatman
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby acmost » Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:08 am

My Scaley Sharpie Nascar has been reborn with the XPGs on my wood track. It was never the king but it was the rowdiest, now it's both. I do want to try the same PGTs just to see what they're about. I've been deslotting some but honestly I think I'm just going too fast. :) Since getting a few NSRs I've become a big believer in NSR rubber on my track but since getting the PGs, I think that's the way I'm going - and they're available for like every car.
acmost
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dbturbo2 » Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:35 pm

dbturbo2

Postby scatman » Thu Jan 07, 2016 7:00 am

PGT
scatman
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Next

Return to Product Reviews!