[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Le Mans Miniatures 1973 Porsche Carrera RSR Nr.47

Le Mans Miniatures 1973 Porsche Carrera RSR Nr.47

All the Latest & Greatest New Product Reviews!
Share Your Thoughts!

Le Mans Miniatures 1973 Porsche Carrera RSR Nr.47

Postby studioRS » Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:35 am

studioRS
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Le Mans Miniatures 1973 Porsche Carrera RSR Nr.47

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:54 am

Well done, you really put a lot of effort into this one.

Thanks for this effort.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby goosenapper » Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:08 am

First off, that is one of the best title shots for a review that I've ever seen! :clap:

I loved the "box opening ceremony" line. That's exactly how I felt when I opened my first LMM.

Something that I found really helpful that put the car in to perspective was that you included a shot of you reaching for the car. Seeing your hands next to the car allows for a greater sense of just how much detailing goes in to the LMM cars. When we take a photo of them and then enlarge it, it's easy to forget just how small these are and how many intricate parts they pack in to such a tiny space.

Having pieces missing off of these cars just plain sucks, especially when we look at the defect and recall just how much change we plunked down to get them. I had the same experience with a 1937 Bugatti from them. The windscreens were loose in the jewel case (no fancy box for that car) and one of the tiny chrome elements that holds them on was missing. Luckily, the car actually did not sport the windscreens when it ran at Le Mans, (making me wonder why they even bothered to model them in the first place) so I just let it go as it was and didn't get too upset by it. In the case of your Porsche, that missing light cover was a necessity, and it speaks volumes to how much the company cares that they sent you that missing part. I'm impressed!

As for the windscreen that isn't glued down- the same thing happened on a LMM CD Panhard that I own. I also had that happen on a Racer, so maybe it's related to those hand-built European boutique cars. They need better glue, I suppose.

Great history lesson too, and it's neat that the car has a personal touch with you and now you have a model of it to skirt around your track. Thanks very much for this detailed review, and the photography is superb!
:text-bravo:
goosenapper
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby studioRS » Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:45 am

Thank you gents. Credit on the pictures goes to Kevin King, he's our in-house photographer and shot in the studio at work. Yes, lotsa love here for this RSR Nr.R6. Goosenapper, certainly says it well. Not for all slot enthusiasts, but a must have for my garage. Absolutely enjoyed the historical research part of this and very glad to be part of HRW.

Cheers, Thompson
studioRS
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Rleog » Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:16 pm

Fantastic review of this car, excellently photographed. The quality of articles such as this elevate this hobby to an art form. Despite being a long time Porsche aficionado I learned a lot here. LMM should use this piece as a reference on their website.

Happy Holidays, and thanks for this gift.

:text-goodpost:
Rleog
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:43 am

Very nice review, Thompson! :text-bravo:

A lot more than a review of a car in this article; great information and very well presented.

I have a Fly 911 RSR in a CanAm proxy now, but the level of detail can't come close to what LMM has done and their service re: the indicator lights, is inspiring to say the least.

Makes you want to hop in and do a few hundred laps at your favorite track!

Allan
Last edited by Audi1 on Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby buspor63 » Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:49 am

More slot car lust......
buspor63
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:39 am

Thompson - simply an exquisite look at this iconic car! Well done! Thanks also for the history and your background with the car. That made it that much better!

As for the "nits"... I have no issue adding a small dab of craft glue to finish attaching the glass, and as you've shown, LMM sent the missing indicator out with no fuss. That aside, I think it is beautiful and this issue of quality control can be overlooked by me considering how much else they not only got correct but was executed beautifully.

Does the cost of the car illicit negative comments from some? Of course as one would expect perfection at that cost, however LMM does hand build these and does them at such a high level that I'll give them a pass. After all-is this any different than a wonky set of wheels on a cheaper car that need attention?

Great job and thanks for sharing!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby studioRS » Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:01 pm

studioRS
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby studioRS » Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:38 pm

studioRS
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to Product Reviews!