Quick Look - Carrera VW - "Race 2"

All the Latest & Greatest New Product Reviews!
Share Your Thoughts!

Quick Look - Carrera VW - "Race 2"

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:43 am

"Call it like you see it". I always try, although some beg to differ. So I'll shorten it all up and be as clear as can be :)

These new VW's are easily Slot Car of The Year to me and one of the many reasons I feel Carrera continues to lead the way in our home racing hobby.

These bugs combine original thinking to be sure, great overall finish, and then the simple fact they run like the wind with only a tire change on wood? And try not to forget that even the digital only versions like this one are the same price, or even less expensive than a standard model from Scalextric these days. I sometimes see people complain about digital only versions, but when the price is like it is there is not much to complain about in my eyes.

This car arrived from Cincyslots a couple days ago. The finish is as good as it gets.

I just get a kick out of the fact the cars are fictional (to a degree) and that it doesn't matter at all to many of you. The feedback I have in my inbox says a lot about these models.

The artwork is appealing although a black and gold version should be done soon (ahem).

I know, some folks laugh and don't care for them. That's fine, we all have our taste. But these cars deliver a lot of fun for your hobby dollar. I like a scale model as much as the next person, but having these 2 models side by side on the track is nothing short of a great time racing.

Well done Carrera.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Re: Quick Look - Carrera VW - "Race 2"

Postby btaylor » Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:48 am

I have yet to acquire the Digi red version, but its only a matter of hobby economics keeping me from it!
I love these cars, and they are way out of my usual vintage comfort zone.never the less,another one will be in my stable very soon!
Now i have to find a VW logo to go up on the pit garage wall? :lol:

Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby Jesla » Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:19 pm

How can you not like a car with a big honk'n American V8 in the back seat?!?!?!
Jesla
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby oldtymer » Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:26 pm

Just got both of mine today along with the C6 Corvette . The details on all 3 are fantastic . I'm going into the Cave now to Razor the wheels and PG tires and give them a go . I did have a bad growling noise on the red one going into right hand turns , so I removed the front tires and ran it and found out that the noise was a dry front axle bearing . They run great on the stock tires ,but I want to use them on the wood too and the PG's are great on plastic or wood . HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL ......LET'S EAT .

Fred :auto-checkeredflag: :auto-checkeredflag:
oldtymer
Cat Lovers Club Prez

Return to Product Reviews!