[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - SRC Lola T600

SRC Lola T600

All the Latest & Greatest New Product Reviews!
Share Your Thoughts!

SRC Lola T600

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:55 pm

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Re: SRC Lola T600

Postby Jesla » Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:26 pm

Typical Fly......the more things change, the more they stay the same.

....but I may need it as it's the only Ford powered T-600.
Jesla
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Fast Co. » Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:03 pm

Nice review Harry. Thanks! I'll have to pick one up for my track. It's definitely different than anything else I run at present and with just a little bit of tuning I like the performance of Fly and SRC sidewinder cars on my home routed track.
Fast Co.
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby goosenapper » Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:38 pm

Thanks for taking the time to dissect this car and write up this review. It's a great looking body, but it kind of reminds me of the Revell-Monogram philosophy: a wonderful model with all of the parts that make it a slot car added as an afterthought. Had they taken the time to actually put all of the 3D renderings together before this went in to production, the chassis wouldn't be bowed and all of the goodies would fit. But as you said, (and as they themselves have said) their cars are marketed to the collector.

But that brings a whole other question to mind, which can of course be asked to several other slot car manufacturers existing today. Why not concentrate on making static models if you don't care if the end product can actually run without fighting itself? :think:
goosenapper
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby gascarnut » Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:52 pm

If this car runs anywhere as nice as the SRC Alfa 33TT12, then it should be fine for home track use.

Harry, at least your car was in one piece when you opened the box, mine and a few others I have heard about have had loose and missing parts. In fact Power have offered me some $ back on my purchase based on the condition in which mine arrived. It was not their fault as far as I can tell, so that speaks volumes for their Customer Service.

Lola T600 damage.jpg
Last edited by gascarnut on Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gascarnut
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:54 pm

That it does sir. Shame about your ride though.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby gascarnut » Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:05 pm

Nothing I could not fix, apart from the missing RH wing mirror, which would probably have disappeared at some point anyway!

But disappointing nonetheless, especially when one is so anxiously awaiting another little jewel. The Alfa was SO nice, but right now, I think I am done with SRC for a bit.
gascarnut
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby goosenapper » Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:40 am

goosenapper
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby WB2 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:58 pm

I received my Interscope Lola Friday. I haven't taken it out of the box yet, but first impression is not that good.
One of the wing supports is rattling around in the box. The color of the stripes is not as I recall, either from memory, photos, or comparison with Exoto die cast 935.
I will open the box up when I have a block of time to devote to the car.
WB2
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby ElSecundo » Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:15 pm

I always view cars from the small manufacturers as 'hobby cars'. The difference between a hobby car and a toy car is that the hobby car doesn't have to run worth crap. It's a car that you'll connect with by spending time hashing through its issues, and getting to know it and appreciate it, warts and all.

For the hobby car, it has to look right, it has to look like the original car -- that's what draws us to it in the first place. If it doesn't look right, it's darn hard to fix. After that, all bets are off. And while we appreciate cars that don't need anything out of the box, we also appreciate the challenge of taming a misbehaving (but really nice looking) car.

Fly taught a lot of us how to tune, because we couldn't stand to see such pretty cars just sit around. It's motivating. So, no complaints from me when SRC brings out a hobby car, unless they miss the mark visually.
ElSecundo
The Great One

Postby goosenapper » Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:27 pm

goosenapper
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby ElSecundo » Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:53 pm

I agree, Jesse, companies like SRC have to nail the visual part of the cars. Then again, TeamSlot made some wonderful cars that had much lower quality visuals than SRC. Their Alpine A110s were fantastic little cars, except that they ran like crap, and the decals weren't even applied fully in some cases. They're very sought after today.

In the last ten years, we've been spoiled for choice, and our standards have raised considerably (and for good reason). We've seen SRC build some fantastic looking models, and people are going to hold them to the standards they've set for themselves.
ElSecundo
The Great One

Postby WB2 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:42 pm

WB2
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to Product Reviews!