[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - One HOT Cougar!

One HOT Cougar!

All the Latest & Greatest New Product Reviews!
Share Your Thoughts!

Re: One HOT Cougar!

Postby TuscoTodd » Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:03 am

FootScoot - I got mine out of the case last night and noticed the same on mine?
The finish on the '70 Camaro I picked up at the same time was gorgeous though - so not sure why the overspray/dry orange peel effect on the Cougar?
Good to hear that you were able to get it to clean up - I was going to go after mine with a little polish this weekend, hopefully I will have similar results. :D
Next week - track time! :)
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:11 am

Well that's not good. I did not polish the one in the photos, it's boxstock.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby TuscoTodd » Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:58 am

Yeah - I was really surprised, as I didn't look at it at the track when I picked it up. I'll see if I can't get it to show in a picture this weekend.
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby bobbyraz49 » Fri Nov 14, 2014 2:14 pm

One of the guys we race with used this car last night....STUNNING !!!!
Decent runner.
Enjoy the weekend.
bobbyraz49
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby OldDogMotorsports » Fri Nov 14, 2014 2:42 pm

Oh great...you guys get all of tha good stuff it is beyond me why some of the manufaturers don`t get a 1/43 program,tha last 10 years us 1/43 guys have came a long way with this scale,tha market is there if someone would jus grow some and take the jump! help us out Harry ,put a bug in these peoples ear! :lol: bribe em with some SLOTBURGERS that should do it! :lol:
OldDogMotorsports
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Fri Nov 14, 2014 2:53 pm

"bribe em with some SLOTBURGERS that should do it! "

How do you think we got this one? I'll see what I can do :)
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby FootScoot » Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:11 pm

Scalextric has been good on paint the last couple of years. Not sure what the problem was with my car, but it cleaned up pretty good. :)
FootScoot
Mini Model Master

Postby ourwayband » Sat Nov 15, 2014 7:24 pm

Nice one Harry!

rusty
ourwayband
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby OldDogMotorsports » Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:08 am

OldDogMotorsports
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:48 pm

Woohoo! Just got my Cat - VERY nice! It actually ran ice out of the box too, but will get the full boat tuning soon.

I think I'm going to have to heard cats soon though...

dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby Gameover » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:08 pm

That cougar is on my long list of cars. Man a guy just can't keep his head above water with these new releases!
Gameover
Mr. Hubcaps

Postby TuscoTodd » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:39 pm

Looks right at home!
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:22 pm

Nice collection!
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby BRP32 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:57 pm

A litter of Kitties!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
BRP32
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby slothead » Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:41 am

David - love the picture of the 4 Cougars crowding the start/finish line. What number is on the red/burgundy one at the back left? Is that a replica of a Trans Am car? I have the three others from Scalextric (the #41 is a white kit I'm painting), and would be interested in creating a fourth one like yours using a RMS resin bodies I have.

Also, if you or anyone else who has a Scalextric Trans Am Cougar is planning on doing a full upgrade to CB design wheels and would be interested in selling or trading the axles on the RTR car let me know. The wheels on the white kit are ho-hum, while the black and chrome wheels on the Trans Am Cougars are sweet.

Slothead
slothead
The Doctor is IN!

PreviousNext

Return to Product Reviews!