[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Policar Part 2

Policar Part 2

All the Latest & Greatest New Product Reviews!
Share Your Thoughts!

Policar Part 2

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sat Jun 14, 2014 7:15 pm

Just had the #2 model arrive to have a running mate.

Fit and finish is just fine. It's all the same as the first one in our review.

Just a note: The old way of removing any film that used to cover the older models to hide the tobacco sponsors is not the same. If it is then it is a lot stronger. I exposed our prancing horse on each side but NOT with any tape. No tape that I had, including the strongest Gorilla duct tape would not peel them free. The high tech answer? I scraped it off with my fingernail. :) It is pretty brittle and flaked off a lot easier than I though. If you can do it with tape, good for you.

Paul Gage 20125's and some normal tuning has it smooth and a ball to drive.

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Re: Policar Part 2

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:15 pm

I'm straining my memory, but the Policar slot cars I remember in the 60s were 1/24. Did they make multi scales then, or is the rebirth in a new scale for them?
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:30 pm

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:08 pm

I won't. I tried and would not come off even with fingernails.

Not worth damaging the car for such a small item. Doesn't bother me in the least.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:54 pm

Wow. That's an old mystery solved. I loved that DeTomaso Mangusta decades ago. It belonged to one of the adults at the hobby shop I rented time on track. I always thought it must have been his own creation. I bought the TJet version of it just because I liked his 1/24 so much. Thanks for the link-- I never would have even tried to find it after all these years.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:35 am

I am planning a little shootout RM.

You are welcome Rob, glad it helped.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sat Jun 21, 2014 7:45 pm

Yes, they are not hiding the fact they have Slot.it influence.

Maybe to make sure everyone knows this is NOT in anyway the same as the old :)
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby Indy500Lee » Mon Jun 23, 2014 6:00 am

Great Review, I am Waiting For Mine to Come, Will Do Some Testing On Ninco track, Also after Stock Testing I will Upgrade With Slotit Parts, with my gearing Prefences 11 Tooth Pinion An A 36 Tooth Spur.

Lee :D
Indy500Lee

Return to Product Reviews!