[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Carrera 1/24 Audi

Carrera 1/24 Audi

All the Latest & Greatest New Product Reviews!
Share Your Thoughts!

Carrera 1/24 Audi

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:45 pm

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Re: Carrera 1/24 Audi

Postby b.yingling » Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:45 am

Loved the review, Kurt. I don't think I have ever (re)assembled one of these rear axles in exactly the same way it came from factory. I'm generally happy if I only have 2 or 3 screws left over :?. No one will convince me that there is a *good* reason for this design, but I got quite a chuckle out of the Jr. stuck to the refrigerator image.

You also pointed out what I love about these cars- the way they drive. You can actually see the car accelerate and brake. Run these for a while and 1/32 cars seem like they're controlled by an on/off switch. My old, slow reflexes prefer the more manageable drive of these bad boys. Yet because they are not as fast, it's even harder to make up any ground lost from even a small mistake.
b.yingling

Postby pzooc » Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:29 pm

Nice review, Kurt. I gotta say that I just figured those German engineers know a bunch more than anyone else about how the car ought to be put together. I agree that their cars seem to be a bit over-engineered especially the 1/24th and they weigh a ton. Having said that, they are a blast to run digitally as you know and their durability is without equal. The speed is more scale realistic as well. Last, there are several of the Audi's running digitally in our small group here in Cincy and I have yet to see that wing suffer damage - and I would notice.
pzooc

Postby ElSecundo » Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:02 am

ElSecundo
The Great One

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:09 pm

I must say I am impressed that El Cemento has finally found something up with which he will not put. German simplicity of design, eh?

Seriously, I am kinda sympathetic about silly "safety" rules that tend to show up when people aren't thinking. We woodworkers are about to have to fight some "for-rent" senators who are pushing a stupid and very expensive new safety feature for table saws. Mostly, the "safety feature is made by one company only, and they have lobbyists.

I have the odd-looking '48 Oldsmobile hot rod in 1/24 from Carrera a couple of years ago. The 18 volt nonsense made it impossible to race against other 1/24 cars, so I swapped the motor for an old 26D which does very well. I haven't experimented with any other motors, but I wonder if anyone else has, and has a recommendation for an easy swap? The 26D, in addition to being very hard to find new, was tough to swap out. I'd like to have some Carrera 1/24 cars, but I won't run at 18v, its just silly. For one thing, my expensive controller burns out above 15v. And I never intend to bother with digital, so if that has something to do with it, its no problem for me. The 1/32 Carrera cars that I have dozens of, actually have motors that are rated for 18v, but they run much better at the standard 12v, so its not an issue at all. I found the hot rods sluggish at 12v, so I made the swap on one, but I don't have any more 26D's.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Return to Product Reviews!