[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Carrera 1967 Mustangs!

Carrera 1967 Mustangs!

All the Latest & Greatest New Product Reviews!
Share Your Thoughts!

Re: Carrera 1967 Mustangs!

Postby Austin » Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:27 pm

I was going to pass on these mustangs but damn you talked me right into ordering some
Austin
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby goosenapper » Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:39 pm

I feel like all I've been is "Mr. Negative" lately, so I've kind of been keeping away, but I've got to say that these are very disappointing. While the bodies look great, the interior certainly works, and even the wheels alone look great, it's the chassis that will make me pass on these. As was stated in the review, I think generic SCCA styling is fantastic to see, so thank you Carrera for going that route, but man, what a miss on the chassis. I don't care how inexpensive the car is- if it looks that nutty, it's not going to be found on my track.

As far as the review, I had flashbacks to Saturday morning tag-team wrestling matches, picturing Harry and Jeremy standing next to their tracks with face-paint and spiked shoulder pads. Nice touch taking the cars to Jon's Carrera track too. Great effort on the review guys.
goosenapper
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:50 pm

Well Goose, you are honest and that is the best feedback. In fact, you are clear about both GOOD and bad from your eyes, so you are being fair.

Glad you folks liked it. It was fun.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:15 pm

Last edited by waaytoomuchintothis on Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:34 pm

But the green car has a much better chassis, and I assume its older. The newer car has that dumb looking box under the back. Is that something to do with the digital stuff?

Oh, and I fixed the post I put up earlier.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:53 pm

The green Fast & Furious car was the first in 2006 and did have a chassis better suited for the car for the "race look" we wanted.

But that chassis is older tooling they won't use, it is not digital compatible like the newer red car shown.

The paint scheme and wheels are new, but yes, the rest of the car is from years ago.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:56 pm

Hmmm, I had referred to the car being the same as ones before it, but I only see my references while talking about the interior and wheels (being new to the car).

So it seems I made a mistake and did not fully explain it.

I will edit the review.

For newcomers though, I think it shows what you get.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby MrAdept » Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:10 pm

I will be interested to read your tuning guide for these cars Harry.

Mark
MrAdept
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:31 pm

I didn't even think about looking at the interior tray at all. There should be a difference, all right. Also, I have had the car so long I completely forgot the F&F connection. I only have these two to covert to race cars. That's the only reason I pick up street (no livery), cars at a discount when they show up. I always thought I would see about modifying the existing wheels rather than replacing them, because they are so smooth. Carrera really did great with both of these cars, especially the green one. Hardly any truing at all, and they ran great. At some point, I took the Supertires off and put the stock tires back on.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:53 pm

blah...testing permissions for John.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:05 pm

huh?

Every now and then, I have no idea what we're talking about- is it age?
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby jmsh54 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:11 pm

Harry & Jeremy are the best review guys ever!

This is Harry logging in as John to test his access. This is only a test and not a real post.

In case of a real post, you will notice accurate content.

This concludes this test :)
jmsh54

Postby ListerStormGT » Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:19 pm

Great tag team on the review guys, I do like and appreciate the race livery's but the raked chassis just doesn't do it for me either. But on the flip side with a $31.99 price tag it sure is hard not to want it for a classic muscle car. Even if you change out the chassis with a PCS or made your own out of brass to get the correct stance like the ones Jeremy posted you would have a cool looking SCCA racer still cheaper than other brands. Just my .02 and now I have another project. :doh:
ListerStormGT
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:15 pm

Great review and great cars for a great price...but...that chassis and I don't get along very well.

Another thought: Keep everything, sell the chassis and put something homebuilt under it. Best of both worlds!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:21 pm

Correct. I did not go into more depth on modifications because we are just trying to review the car as it is.

The molded in rake of the chassis makes it a LOT of work to get it level. Smaller wheels/tires would help, but because of the position of the motor so high, you would need to almost eliminate the interior.

This is why I made a chassis for my GTO build. The chassis would just need more altering than I felt was worth it.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Next

Return to Product Reviews!