[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Carrera 1967 Mustangs!

Carrera 1967 Mustangs!

All the Latest & Greatest New Product Reviews!
Share Your Thoughts!

Re: Carrera 1967 Mustangs!

Postby MrAdept » Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:44 pm

I lowered this one by drilling out the mounting holes in the chassis and trimming the "wings" on the rear posts inside the body so they slot inside. It looks better but is a real pain to get the LEDs in the back.
This version has a narrow enough back axle to allow the wheels to sit inside the body with just a little sanding of the interior wells.

I had also considered removing some of the main chassis where the motor/axle block fits to drop everything into the body more but decided I wasn't that brave.

Mark
MrAdept
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Nor Cal Mike » Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:52 pm

What is it with Carrera with raked muscle cars? They have ruined a lot of cars with very nice bodies over the years. I like the bodies of both those cars but................... I already have a passlefull of Pioneers with a proper race car chassis so I guess these ones won't wind up coming across my doorstep.
Nor Cal Mike
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:09 pm

I don't know... I really like the bodies, so I will almost certainly rig the cars for a cheap way to make great Mustang race cars. The stock chassis is apparently set up for the digital junk that I don't care about at all, so its no loss, and frankly, $32 is cheap for a good Mustang body, right? I can dream up all kinds of cool liveries that the Germans didn't have the depth of our history to consider. An original, home made chassis is all that stands between these and a great car, snd since they don't cost a fortune, I'll go for it. The old style chassis, that came before the digital stuff came along, is just fine, so those who don't want to build a home made chassis have a head start on building a great car. I'm looking forward to what they have for the next series of liveries.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby RazorJon » Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:09 am

for 32.00 bucks I am all over this one, so they sit a little high, I guess Im to old school and still like them jacked up
RazorJon
Tire Razor Guy

Postby BRP32 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:07 am

You can always take the carrera mustang bodies and mount them on a scalextric T/A chassis to fix the rake and make them run better......

I've mounted the carrera '65 mustang fastback bodies on scaley T/A chassis in the past with minimum work doing so.

But then again you could always just buy the pioneer fast back mustangs also RTR and do a repaint too.

Just my 2 cents.......

Wayne (Bolton's Speed Shop) :D :D :D
BRP32
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Nor Cal Mike » Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:50 am

Nor Cal Mike
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby zilger » Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:19 am

I have one of the previous '67 Mustangs with this "jacked up" chassis and I never could get this chassis to sit level with all four wheels on the track. IMO this chassis looks hideous from the side and back regardless of how it runs. I had seriously thought about transferring the running gear to a Slot Classics or PCS chassis but never did. I might need to explore that option again.

These are really nice looking except for the chassis. Instead of being must haves for me, they will be only if at a reduced price down the road if there are any left.

Brian
zilger

Postby Slottus » Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:33 am

Slottus
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Nor Cal Mike » Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:10 pm

That one is jacked up in the tail end quite literally.
Nor Cal Mike
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:22 pm

When I got that series of Camaros way back then, I assumed they were drag cars because of the stance. I think I'll go back and make the appropriate ones TransAms.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby goosenapper » Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:57 pm

goosenapper
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:40 pm

Yep. I could always turn inside of those guys who put shackles on their springs for lift. Always seemed kinda dumb to me at the time. It didn't help at the drags, either. But then, I'm remembering 1967-'73, and there may have been reasons for doing it after that which I wouldn't know anything about.

I will say that there are dumb things that become trendy in all eras. I remember a T-Bird custom that had chrome spikes all over the interior, even the steering wheel. I wonder if Carrera did what some other manufacturers of American muscle cars have done, and latched onto some offshoot of the cars as being typical of the type. For many years, and still today, giant wheels with rubber band tires are at all the custom car shows, and they clearly make the car less driveable and detract from the looks, just like the jacked up cars did. And there's always an insane amount of money and work being shown in sound systems that cost as much as our engines did, and are actually dangerous to people's hearing. Maybe Carrera just asked the wrong people about our cars, or got their ideas from magazines? Clearly, the yellow Camaro did not have the rear jacked up, and no TransAm car ever did, either. But if they got the idea that fast cars here typically had their butts way up in the air, they might take a wrong turn in their design.
Last edited by waaytoomuchintothis on Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:50 pm

Like it looked cool and the chicks digged it?
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:49 pm

Oh yeah. There was that. They could get us to wear dresses and paint our cars pink if it meant we got attention from girls.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby proxieken » Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:00 pm

I vote for the rake. I run Carrera digital only so a low cost car ready to run is good enough for me. If it seems a little big in the rear tire area, I will take that over a $60 car I have to add a $25 chip to!

Not a problem to me at all.

Of course my eyes keep getting worse so things keep looking better.
proxieken
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

PreviousNext

Return to Product Reviews!