[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Carrera Dave Marcis Dodge

Carrera Dave Marcis Dodge

All the Latest & Greatest New Product Reviews!
Share Your Thoughts!

Carrera Dave Marcis Dodge

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:53 pm

Just had this great car show up at the door.

Based on one of the great drivers of that era, I think Carrera has done VERY well.

This car is just attractive. The colors and stampings are as good as you could ask for. I did notice one of the hood CID numbers seemed a little crooked, but nothing glaring and certainly nothing that takes away from it.

This is one of the best series of slot cars we have in our hobby. This is a true legacy series and it just got better by +1. Each year we see more and more and that allows newcomers the chance to enjoy them. And with the best price point in the hobby (I paid under $35.00) it makes it even better.

Thanks Carrera for another fine model in this series. We look forward to each and every one.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Re: Carrera Dave Marcis Dodge

Postby BRS Hobbies » Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:19 pm

Harry,

Definitely a winner in my book. Kudos to Carrera for continuing to release these cars.

Best regards,
Brian
BRS Hobbies
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:53 pm

That is a great car. Just a great car! After Carrera's help with the school kids again, this is at the top of my list to buy this weekend. Man! That is awesome!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby RazorJon » Sat Sep 21, 2013 1:11 pm

another fine job, how many has Carrera done like this anyone got the number?

great shots Harry, thanks
RazorJon
Tire Razor Guy

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:20 pm

This was Dodge Daytona #5. 6 if you count the Captain Carrera Starship :)
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:23 pm

Would like to see Don White next year.

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sat Sep 21, 2013 6:26 pm

Yes sir, I have them. Actually the set I have is from 6 or 7 years ago.

I'm just lazy :)

But maybe you are right...gives me something to do.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby Jesla » Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:17 am

Man I want a Don White car…….sat in front of his pit at the
Memphis 200 that Roger McCluskey won back in the early '70's.

Jesla
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby The Blue 7 » Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:37 am

Who make those Don White decals ?
Also 1/32 McCluskey ?
Thanks
The Blue 7

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sun Sep 22, 2013 1:27 pm

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby AllanI » Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:32 am

You could do the Don White car using the Ober Logging one as the starter.

Allan
AllanI

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:57 am

Well, that is a Plymouth and the one I want to do is a Dodge. But thanks for the help.

Besides, even to remove the decals and to alter the body how I want to TRY and o would make it a full repaint.

Now I just need to get the decals, have another one of these Marcis cars set aside for it.

Don't you just cringe a little when you start to strip down a great looking car like this?
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby dge467 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:57 pm

Looking at mine, they sure look like decals.
dge467
The King of Foil

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:05 pm

I mentioned that one seemed slightly crooked.

But my second one is ok.

But yes, they look to be waterslide decals.

But not bad...still looks great to me. I did not notice at first until I started looking closer.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:00 am

I inspected both cars under my magnifier (old guy light). The sides are perfect and appear like normal tampo stamped paint, and have a decent clear coat over them.

Here is the hood the best I can do it.

It is hardly noticeable. Once you move the car about 1 foot away you cannot even tell. They are also CLEARED pretty will which hides the seam pretty good.

I clear most of my cars (not just Carrera) with Future to protect them a little better anyway, so go ahead and give it a shot.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Next

Return to Product Reviews!