[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Scalextric Double Shot! Camaro & Mustang

Scalextric Double Shot! Camaro & Mustang

All the Latest & Greatest New Product Reviews!
Share Your Thoughts!

Re: Scalextric Double Shot! Camaro & Mustang

Postby Nor Cal Mike » Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:34 pm

I needed another T/A car like a need a hole in my head, especially another Camaro. But I am a sucker for those 2nd Gen Camaro's. Since I got some birthday money in the mail, I ordered one of them. For Stangs, I think I'll stick with Pioneer. Next up will be that Cougar.
Nor Cal Mike
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Bub » Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:48 pm

These cars look great - looks like they modeled after Australian race cars? I would love to see Scalextric do a version of Eric Bana's Beast.
Bub

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:08 pm

waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby Bub » Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:47 pm

That's the one. It's a cross between a Torino and a Mustang, Australian-style. The documentary/racing movie is "Love The Beast".... two thumbs way up.
Bub

Postby TuscoTodd » Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:00 pm

Appreciate the nice write up on these models!
Any idea what the service sheet number is for the camaro?
I am currently waiting on those to show up at my local shop - bought the Libra Mustang two weeks ago and REALLY looking forward to seeing how it will do in our next TransAm series race as my practice times with it are a good .2 per lap better than I've been getting with my Lennox Camaro - which surprised me! (In a good way!)
Appreciate any insight you guys can provide (searched for it on the Hornby site but couldn't find it?)
Thank you,
Todd
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby Bub » Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:14 pm

After having the Camaro for a few weeks I have some thoughts: I had a real one in the day (not the race version, I wish) and this is pretty close, maybe better. It looks amazing in the Frank Gardner livery. It's a good runner too, not super fast but stays on the track. Two thumbs up!
Bub

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:18 pm

Thanks for the feedback. Good info for those looking.

Service sheet? No, what are you wanting to know Todd?
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby TuscoTodd » Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:36 pm

Bub - Glad to hear that she is a good runner. I have two of the second gen models and look forward to my local dealer getting this one in to add it to the stable! :)

Harry - Yes, I am trying to find out what the Service Sheet number for this car is, as I want to find out what the replacement part number is for the front and rear lights. This appears to be the first version of the 2nd gen camaro to have lights since the release of the F-bomb Camaro that was in the Fast and Furious set.
Any help that can be provided would definitely be appreciated! Or, if by chance, you know what the correct "W" number for the replacement light sets for these cars might be, that would be even better! (i.e. - "W9037" for the front and rear light boards of a viper)
Thank you in advance!!! :banana-rock:
Todd
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby servicemanager » Fri Sep 27, 2013 5:51 am

I recently purchased an original #98 Cale Yarborough Winston Cup Ford Thunderbird for vintage racing in 2014. Does anyone make these type of slot cars? I used to be an huge enthusiast and would love to have one of my car.
servicemanager

Postby goosenapper » Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:42 pm

I unexpectedly picked up the Owens Corning Camaro at my local hobby shop today. Somehow it just fell in to my hands and drove me over to the checkout. It is a surprisingly good runner on Sport track with just the magnet removed and no other tuning. The front tires bind a bit on the front wheel wells, but other than that it seems to be a very good car.

I turned on my lap timer to see how it stacked up against a tuned Mustang on my small twisty course. The best lap times were identical at 5.4 seconds! I expect the Camaro to be the better car once I fix that front tire binding, so it looks like I'll be tuning that Mustang again.

This car wasn't even on my wish list, but it really jumped out at me when I saw it in person. No photos on any slot car site seem to do it justice. (including my shot above) The only downside is that they opted not to include the front spoiler, so I just may look in to fabricating one. Overall, I couldn't be happier with this impulse buy! :D
goosenapper
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:50 pm

Nice choice. I understand how they sneak into our shopping carts, very odd. :)

There is no better Trans-Am car for my dollars. Still need that one myself.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Previous

Return to Product Reviews!