[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - NINCO Lancia Stratos

NINCO Lancia Stratos

All the Latest & Greatest New Product Reviews!
Share Your Thoughts!

NINCO Lancia Stratos

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Tue May 14, 2013 5:21 pm

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Re: NINCO Lancia Stratos

Postby TsgtRet » Tue May 14, 2013 6:45 pm

Great review, Harry. Sounds like Ninco (for once) actually put the right motor in the right car. :o Many of us run at 12vdc so it should feel just right.
Any word on when we'll see the Alitalia livery on this side of the pond? Its the first car I've needed from Ninco in a long time and it would be a perfect addition to my "airline" stable (take that you "Jager" and "Gulf" guys!) :grin:
TsgtRet
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Tue May 14, 2013 7:08 pm

Thanks. I have no idea. My best guess would be to email Brian at BRS and see if they are going to be brought in and when.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby Jesla » Tue May 14, 2013 7:16 pm

Another good review, Boss.
Jesla
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Tue May 14, 2013 8:00 pm

Yep. Exactly right on every count. And at $70, I don't see many customers out there for it. I found it at $60, but no lower.

Its a shame. The Stratos rallye car was the best Lancia ever, excluding the special-built LMP cars. Among the consumer accessible Lancias, nothing ever came close to the Stratos, even the famous rustout-no-matter-what Lancia problem wasn't present with the Stratos. It was a great car.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Tue May 14, 2013 10:59 pm

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby ListerStormGT » Wed May 15, 2013 5:05 am

Thanks for doing the review Harry, I know I said i would do one but with work the way it has been I just never had the time. I think you nailed it about this car and they did a great overall job on this model. If you like the Stratos this is a must have car anyway, I have the Alitalia version of this car also which I will take pictures of and add to this thread. Great job Harry!
ListerStormGT
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby ElSecundo » Wed May 15, 2013 5:53 am

ElSecundo
The Great One

Postby ListerStormGT » Wed May 15, 2013 7:13 am

Here are some pics of the Alitalia version.

ListerStormGT
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby mfogg » Wed May 15, 2013 7:35 am

Last edited by mfogg on Wed Jul 22, 2015 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mfogg

Postby goosenapper » Wed May 15, 2013 8:36 am

goosenapper
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Wed May 15, 2013 8:44 am

Thanks for all the comments.

And yes, I did get "windy" :) Lucky I backed up the server first.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby ElSecundo » Wed May 15, 2013 8:47 am

ElSecundo
The Great One

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Wed May 15, 2013 9:36 am

The comparison to the new Scalextric stuff is a fair cop. We've talked about it before, and I still can't imagine why folks who are doing well turn a corner and go out of their way to fail. They were doing fine, then its dumb bicycle and Star Wars stuff, not to mention other strange projects, and then this stumpy Camaro brick. Ninco is at least no worse than ever, and it seems like with all their silly motor swapping nonsense, they found a winner this time. And, it seems they didn't ship broken or bent wheels axles, etc. on the test car and that's an improvement. As for the "classics" line from Ninco, if they wake up and make their pricing less insane, they could return to what they were in 2004- a real player in the game on par with all the rest.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby ElSecundo » Wed May 15, 2013 10:07 am

Yeah, Ninco has kind of a haphazard approach that bites them, sometimes. I can't help but think that the best cars they are producing (value-wise) are their Ninco1+ cars. Not the Ninco1, but the Ninco1+ with the NC-9 motor, dark glass and no interior. Easy to find for 45 bucks, great looking and great driving cars. With more of those and less 70-80 dollar cars, they'd certainly do better in the American market. Better in Europe? Don't know, but seems likely.

But I still find a lot of value in a car like this one, and I'm happy as the proverbial clam that they came out with this one. :)
ElSecundo
The Great One

Next

Return to Product Reviews!