[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Slot.it Audi R18 TDI Le Mans Winner Collection

Slot.it Audi R18 TDI Le Mans Winner Collection

All the Latest & Greatest New Product Reviews!
Share Your Thoughts!

Slot.it Audi R18 TDI Le Mans Winner Collection

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:50 pm

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Re: Slot.it Audi R18 TDI Le Mans Winner Collection

Postby Florida_Slotter » Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:03 pm

Harry,

BTW - I have the "Chrome Dome" Audi R18. I put some Yellow Dogs on it as someone I know suggested. The car really woke up on the MDF track. It's stupid fast on there.

Be careful as too much of this is going to start to work on you soon.
Florida_Slotter
Scratch Build Guru

Postby SuperSlab » Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:41 am

Thanks for the review Harry: good to have.

Quick question for you: I received mine yesterday as well and I found that the rear wheels (particularly the left one) are not centered in the wheel well: it sits quite a bit too far forward. It is hard to see from your pics but it does seem yours is similar: could you perhaps take a look and confirm or refute please?

Thanks!

Alwyn
SuperSlab
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:45 am

Thanks guys.

It is.

I loosened the pod as one of the screws seemed at angle.

I remounted the pod and that helped a lot, but yes it was there.

Thought it was just an isolated case. Good feedback from you says it is more than that. I'll keep digging now :)

Thanks for coming in and letting us know.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:07 am

Slot.it informed me they are looking into the mold. They will be doing the E-Tron and will see what needs to be changed.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby SuperSlab » Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:29 am

Great thanks for taking the trouble to follow up and get the information to us Harry. The initial quirk is most unlike Slot.it but the response that you reported is what has always impressed about them.
SuperSlab
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:37 am

You are welcome.

As a side note...I am really enjoying these cars. I added a little self-stick lead sheets up front and these car simply haul the mail.

Last night I took a break and for about an hour I took turns with each of them. Dialing them in and seeing what setups worked best. My track is small, so a lot of tuning I do is likely opposite of the bigger club tracks these were made for.

But still fun :) I think I need a new Lola as 3rd lane entry now.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:51 am

Somewhere in there. I got the test version on sale though through SCC for around $50.00

Most prices I see are bteween 60-70 if you shop around.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:52 am

Thanks.

The lifting chrome was on the black Test Car. I simply sealed it with FUTURE and all is well.

I don't know anything about the NSR. Did not think it came with a light kit? The website does not show it as coming with lights?

Gears seem to be strong/light enough? I have spoken to a fair number of people and no one seems to be reporting any issues. I have raced this car hard since the review and it really is a fun car. When you make sure the mesh is set correctly it is smooth as it can be.

Of course I am just a simple home racer. Not a commercial racer. What the hot setups are at commercial tracks I have no idea.

The car is designed to be easily tuned by the owners. So just about any changes you want to make, this car should handle it.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Return to Product Reviews!