[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Slot.it Sauber Mercedes

Slot.it Sauber Mercedes

All the Latest & Greatest New Product Reviews!
Share Your Thoughts!

Slot.it Sauber Mercedes

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:37 pm

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Re: Slot.it Sauber Mercedes

Postby goosenapper » Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:18 am

I had been considering that Mercedes, but now I think I like that Toyota even more! Thanks for taking the time to compare them both.

Seeing that new interior got me thinking- With the new lighter interiors and lighter, thinner bodies, how long until someone makes a slot car so featherlight that it simply disintegrates upon impact? Cars at slot car races will end up looking like NASCAR's that have no front end and are held together with duct tape. (duct tape to scale, of course!)
goosenapper
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Gentleman Norb » Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:42 am

I really like the color scheme.
Gentleman Norb
SlotCar Aristocrat

Postby ElSecundo » Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:04 am

Got to see it this weekend, and it's a beautiful car.

Normally, I'd want to motor it down, but I'm not sure motoring down a 900 horsepower car is appropriate. The driver should be hangin' on for dear life. :lol:
ElSecundo
The Great One

Postby Jesla » Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:50 am

Nice one....errr...two?...there Boss

I have both and came to the same conclusion.
Jesla
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:13 am

Always cool to see others tuning methods. I have that same car, just left it alone aside from a tire change.

Thanks for the comments :)
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby baford1 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:23 am

once again Harry great review I have the Toyota + a few other Slot Its & as long as they keep making cars of quality I will be buying them , I can see a Mercedes in the not to distant future

Richard
baford1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:46 pm

Thanks sir. yes, cannot see where you can go wrong.

Here is how I "tune" mine. I do not like the behavior of the stock motor, just too much torque for our smaller track.

In goes an H&R HAWK 18+K motor. Essentially a motor that is Fly/Scalextric/Pioneer similar in performance. The the tire change.

Everything else stays. Much smoother and just more fun for me. This car is not slow, just easier to control at the lower end.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:48 pm

But yes Kurt, I understand. For most tracks you need to do nothing. I guess that is one of the best features about these cars.

This is just my personal taste. Still fast like a car like this should be, just a little more fun. I can actually see the car, and that is a bonus :)
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby ElSecundo » Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:28 pm

Yep, sometimes you want to ride Old Paint, sometimes a thorobred, sometimes you just want 8 seconds on the Brahma bull. This car with a stock motor on your track is the Brahma bull for sure. :)
ElSecundo
The Great One

Return to Product Reviews!