[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Policar 330 P4 (Ferrari)

Policar 330 P4 (Ferrari)

All the Latest & Greatest New Product Reviews!
Share Your Thoughts!

Policar 330 P4 (Ferrari)

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:54 pm

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Re: Policar 330 P4 (Ferrari)

Postby wanabgts » Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:25 am

I had mine apart tonight. Couple notes from me.

There were set screws in the motor to located it. I almost broke the pod before I realized they were in there. Why not a real screw if were going this far?

Even with the right screws, the pod fits very tightly at the rear and without some grinding you arent going to get much.

Also, mine out of the box would have been a terror to drive. It has all the axle screws which was nice. Although they were set in a way that the guide was maybe 3mm in the slot at best.....

All in all though. The body is exceptionally light, its 2mm wider than the gt40 and its a ferrari, so I think its going to be a great fast classic.

Good review Harry!

Zack
wanabgts
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:54 am

Thanks, and good report yourself.

Your experience with the motor screws is exactly the point.

I did manage some decent float without any grinding on the pod, but perhaps I need another look.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby dge467 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:29 pm

Interesting review Harry. It is a nice looking model.
dge467
The King of Foil

Postby Fast Co. » Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:31 am

Good review Harry. I appreciate your honest opinion of what flaws the car does have. Maybe Policar will address some of these issues in future releases. It is the most beautiful, reasonably priced rendition of the 330 P4 that we've ever seen in this hobby. And with the upcoming Ford v. Ferrari film due in November this will make a welcome companion to the GT40. There is nothing in your review that won't keep me from purchasing a few. :handgestures-thumbup:
Fast Co.
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:07 am

Thank you.

Glad to hear that because I agree. It has a few issues...but what model doesn't? I'm happy overall now that it's tuned.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:53 am

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:11 am

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby War Eagle River » Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:29 am

This is one of the best cars to hit the market in a while. Not only is it an iconic race car...but gives us slotters something new to pit against other Slot.it Classics. Looking forward to the other liveries coming out. Thanks for a great comparison Harry, bang up as usual!
War Eagle River
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to Product Reviews!