[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Nonno Slot Fiat Abarth 2000 Out of box review.

Nonno Slot Fiat Abarth 2000 Out of box review.

All the Latest & Greatest New Product Reviews!
Share Your Thoughts!

Nonno Slot Fiat Abarth 2000 Out of box review.

Postby wanabgts » Thu May 30, 2019 10:45 am

I just picked this up from Pendle Slot after seeing it in their new products category. The car looks to be very performance based, which I like.

The body is different and attractive, the paint finish is good but the decals are lackluster.

I found that the pinion was not pushed on far enough, the gear mesh was loose and the tire was rubbing the gear. The rear tires feel very grippy. Another problem was one of the rear wheel inserts was out of the wheel when I got it, and I couldn't get the other rear one out to save my life....

It does have some of the best body and pod float of any car I have purchased, and the interior and such is well away from the chassis. The plastics seem to be very high quality like that of a Racer car, and it has the lightest body I have pulled off of a car.

I think it will perform very well with the normal tweaks, and I will be testing it in a couple weeks to report back.

THIS IS A NO MAGNET CAR!!

Here is a link to a quick youtube review I did of the car out of box, excuse the minor terminology errors, I don't do any takes or editing.....

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2g5CWa6]Image

Zack
wanabgts
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Nonno Slot Fiat Abarth 2000 Out of box review.

Postby F1Fan » Thu May 30, 2019 11:20 am

Nice job Zack, I am ordering one!

Chris
F1Fan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby WB2 » Thu May 30, 2019 2:01 pm

To CYA order from PendleSlot.
A fellow in Atlanta had tons of trouble dealing directly with Nonno Slot.
WB2
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby wanabgts » Thu May 30, 2019 4:08 pm

I received my car from them in about 5 days, the shipping is a little high but when you add a few items it becomes manageable.

ONE UPDATE: The car does not have provisions for motor mount screws, and because of the somewhat stiff high quality plastic, the motor moves fairly easy. I may be fine but I am going to put a small bead of shoe goo on before running so I don't strip a gear.

Zack
wanabgts
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chrisguyw » Thu May 30, 2019 6:24 pm

chrisguyw
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chrisguyw » Thu May 30, 2019 6:30 pm

chrisguyw
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby wanabgts » Thu May 30, 2019 6:33 pm

wanabgts
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Brumos RSR » Thu May 30, 2019 7:31 pm

Great review Zack
Brumos RSR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby rolo9th » Fri May 31, 2019 1:51 pm

rolo9th

Return to Product Reviews!