Thunderslot McLaren M6A (B)

All the Latest & Greatest New Product Reviews!
Share Your Thoughts!

Re: Thunderslot McLaren M6A (B)

Postby F1Fan » Fri May 24, 2019 9:29 am

[/quote]

I think this discussion has been around since the second slot car was made. Scale would be nice but I don't think the manufacturer would invest in a different chassis for each car. It just doesn't make financial sense and, IMHO, most racers don't care. I mean, they can't even make realistic drivers figures and thats way easier than all around scale cars. The most egregious offenders in scale interpretation is the NSR Mosler - that starts spirited discussions with the club anoraks as soon as it's brought out of the slot box... Compare the NSR Mosler to the Ninco offering. And nobody but nobody has gotten the proportions on the iconic Porsche 917 right yet! And don't even get me started on Slot It's Ferrari F40 (and I love Slot It cars).

True scale would be nice but I' not letting it get in the way of the hobby.[/quote]

:text-goodpost:
F1Fan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Thunderslot McLaren M6A (B)

Postby charlesx@xtra.co.nz » Sat May 25, 2019 1:06 am

Hi all. I have not compared my Thunderslot McLaren scale wise but it is clearly considerably bigger in most respects to my Revell M6a. Would be interesting to see it against HSRR equivalent which was criticised for being 1/28th or something like that.

I agree it may not economic to design a different chassis for each car in the current economic climate although Slot-it, NSR and most others do. Main benefit therefore is compatible performance between models. With my racing hat on what more could you want. As stated by somebody else metal car bodies bare little resemblance to reality so why not some 1/32 RTR cars. At least the 1/32 RTR cars look great. I am sure Bruce would be very happy with the re-production of his McLaren M6a.There are plenty of scale events for scale conscious racers. I count my self among them but I also race metal cars.

Looking forward to the Elva. Regards Chas Le Breton (charlesx)
charlesx@xtra.co.nz

Previous

Return to Product Reviews!