[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Scalextric GT40 MKII vs "412P"

Scalextric GT40 MKII vs "412P"

All the Latest & Greatest New Product Reviews!
Share Your Thoughts!

Scalextric GT40 MKII vs "412P"

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:13 pm

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Re: Scalextric GT40 MKII vs "412P"

Postby Z-carfan » Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:29 pm

Wow, that's a great report Harry. It doesn't get much more competitive than that!
Z-carfan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Dundee Denny » Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:36 pm

Thanks Harry for taking the time to put this vid together.

Just enough detail, and not complicated to mirror!!

Dundee Denny
Dundee Denny
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby ourwayband » Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:03 am

Man those are close!!
Thanks for the review..
ourwayband
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:27 pm

Thanks guys, appreciate the feedback. :music-rockout:
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby Wobble » Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:00 pm

Great stuff. I like that a lot. Two of my favourite cars. Also, like the idea of gluing the body halves together. I've still got a few of the original 412/330's and GT40's but I don't have a 'new' GT40 with the new guide and chassis. Just added one to my wish list.
Wobble
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:10 pm

Glad it helped sir, thank you.

Couple things that I have been corrected/reminded/scolded..which I am updating the reviews to cover.

1. Lights. The front lights on the GT40 MKII are much brighter than the Ferrari. Photos will be included to show this.

2. Chatter. Yes the cars in the video have it. We know this is due to "clamshell" type body/chassis style. You can loosen the screws as I did, but without some major slicing and dicing, you live with it. I even ran the cars without the interior pan screws. Regardless it will likely be there when you tune non-mag on a track like my own without much float to work with.

I just did not feel like cutting into them. They have some chatter, I accept it :)
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby Wobble » Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:25 pm

Funny you should mention the lights but I have noticed on a lot of Scaley cars lately, the tail lights are brighter than the head lights. Just seems a bit odd.
Wobble
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chrisguyw » Fri Dec 14, 2018 5:12 pm

chrisguyw
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby btaylor » Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:16 am

That was a great video! I need the new gt as mine is the old version. my ferraris are new. Great match

Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby FC47 » Sat Dec 15, 2018 1:44 pm

My Ferrari arrived and it's good, I agree that blue '40 would be nice to run with it current vintage.
FC47
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby ccobra » Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:24 am

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. The wife doesn't know it yet but she just got the pair of these for me for Christmas. Bless her heart.
I couldn't resist for it brought back memories of my younger years when my buddy and myself used to race the Eldon versions of these back in our younger years with the Eldon Version of the Ford being a roadster. There was some hot racing going on back then on them cold days.
ccobra
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby slothead » Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:06 am

ccobra - what a lucky man you are to have a partner like that! Your better half knows what's important and is going out of her way to show it. I'm thinking that this might make my wife feel out done, and I wouldn't want her to have to be depressed on Christmas morning so I might have to help her out here and get an order in for some new slot cars ASAP.

Looks like our ladies are going to be mighty pleased with themselves this year, and putting a smile on someone's face is, after all, what Christmas is all about.
slothead
The Doctor is IN!

Postby ccobra » Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:32 am

ccobra
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Czar » Sun Dec 23, 2018 7:46 pm

Really nice match up. Obviously they will make for some great racing together.
Czar
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to Product Reviews!