[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Monogram Petty Plymouth!

Monogram Petty Plymouth!

All the Latest & Greatest New Product Reviews!
Share Your Thoughts!

Monogram Petty Plymouth!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:14 pm

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Re: Monogram Petty Plymouth!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:48 pm

Sure enough. I thought the taillights looked wrong, and they are just fine. I think what has happened is that people my age see that era as what cars are supposed to look like and today's anonymous jellybeans as soulless, and indistinct from each other. The huge taillights of today were such a contrast to those that I thought they were wrong. Damn, I'm getting old...
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby dreinecke » Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:30 pm

Gorgeous car! I'm with Rob - most modern cars have lost their souls. That's why I drive Jeeps...still look like something different from everything else on the road. But, I digress...

Love the car. Looks perfect. Mine has a pretty bound up chassis. I radiused the chassis on my disk sander, trued the wheels and voila! Much improved. All wheels had some flashing to remove to seat the tires properly. I also reamed out the screw holes and shaved the top of the mounting areas on the chassis as most folks do with these. The motor did 20 minutes in the alcohol bath and the car now runs extremely well on my track - and I've not even trued the tires yet!

Great, great car, and I'm thrilled Monogram has brought us another classic!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby MoparGreg » Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:32 pm

'THE KING' What more is there to say. What a car! Mine is in transit so I cant what until it arrives. Thanks for the quick review Harry
MoparGreg
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby RazorJon » Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:49 pm

yep thats a keeper :mrgreen:
RazorJon
Tire Razor Guy

Postby Derby City Speedway » Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:06 am

yep another home run for revogram, I am curious as to the drop of GOODYEAR brand logos on both revogram & carrera. They must have really upped their royalties price, at least Firestone still appears on revograms.
revogram stopped with this release

Derby City Speedway
Derby City King

Postby SpeedyNH » Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:16 pm

Harry, you said that you'd posted links to your tuning tips in the review? i couldn't find. where do i look?
thanks
speedy
SpeedyNH
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:24 pm

There are 3 big icons at the end of the review??? It shoes my rebuild and the wheels and inserts articles.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby SpeedyNH » Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:51 pm

ah. ok. i see now. thanks
SpeedyNH
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:23 pm

You are welcome sir.

Yeah...I know I am cheating by replacing the stuff...but I can't help myself.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby SpeedyNH » Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:57 pm

my friend, if you're talking about the chassis parts, when i race on wood with these guys, i have to replace almost Everything and get my tires so round they don't run out a tenth! (of a thou) we run sillies.
and just to be in the mix because my motor's stock- i have to make it up in the corners. or ny favorite part (just ask Bob, Norm or Andy)- in the chicane!
\but you gotta catch 'em first!
think that we probably have digressed from this post's theme! sorry about that
speedarino
SpeedyNH
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:26 pm

That's ok, been awhile since I jacked a thread :)

You are explaining that and I am nodding my head in agreement. To even keep pace with the guys that come here, I have a LOT of work to do :)
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby BRS Hobbies » Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:19 am

Nice job on the review. I think it is cool that Monogram has continued to support this racing class over the years with a lot of different cars to choose from.

Best regards,
Brian
BRS Hobbies
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Fast Co. » Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:34 am

I agree. It's this kind of commitment to specific classes of racing that bolsters the hobby and keeps me buying more and more Monogram vintage stockers. I wish more manufacturers would adopt a similar policy. I don't understand why any manufacturer would make one car in a class and not manufacture another to race against it. Ninco Exige comes to mind but there are many, many other examples. Would be nice to see something from GM in this line though - maybe a 1962 Pontiac? ;)
Fast Co.
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:57 pm

And I agree with you.

This class and the Carrera classic NASCARS are 2 great classes we race here. And they keep making more. No, not new molds all the time...but at least different paint schemes to keep the field changing.

And with the decals out there, you can just make even more. Getting ready to order a couple more of these cars just for that reason.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Next

Return to Product Reviews!