[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Sideways Lamborghini "Gulf Edition"

Sideways Lamborghini "Gulf Edition"

All the Latest & Greatest New Product Reviews!
Share Your Thoughts!

Sideways Lamborghini "Gulf Edition"

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:23 pm

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Re: Sideways Lamborghini "Gulf Edition"

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:16 pm

What's going on with that rear wheel?
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby rbianchi » Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:48 pm

rbianchi

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:57 pm

Paul Gage to the rescue! And after all the hundreds of inserts we have made from plastic wheels, that insert fix isn't going to take 30 minutes.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:04 pm

Yes, the insert simply does not fit the wheel very well. It is fully seated as far as it can be.

I have tested some O rings and might have a quick fix for the Quick Slicks to seat flush.

Other wise I think a fresh set of CB Designs with some CG Slotcars inserts will have to be installed.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby Z-carfan » Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:03 am

Darn it Harry, I avoided the first Car for the same reason. After this review, well there goes this months budget. :D
Z-carfan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Dogsbody » Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:14 am

I have one on the way from my favorite candy (Dum Dums) dealer.
Dogsbody
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:53 am

Had a very interesting conversation early this morning with the crew of Sideways.

The Lambo was the first car for them to assemble themselves. Using their own parts.

If this is the first time I think they are doing a great job. They are aware of improvements and we might see changes in the future.

The wheels and rubber compound are due to the requests from the large club track scene in Europe. Their primary focus was to create a competitive model for that purpose. Appears they are a success. Many of these club tracks are still Ninco...but rumor has it that this will be changing and they will adapt accordingly.

Some have made comments about the milder motor. The race team and local racers there are enjoying the new motor more than than the more powerful Flat-6. They are changing the rules for their own race program and will start a series using this motor only. Even on thier larger track, they find it more than enough and much easier for newcomers to learn to drive.

Well how do ya like that? :music-rockout:

They are making good progress with the new Ford GT. I will update all here as I have news to share.

I'm surprised and happy to have this feedback/communication. At least they cared enough to reach out and discuss items unlike LMM and a few others.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby Cincyslots » Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:00 am

Love the car. I have the green one. The car itself is runs fantastic. If I had to find a flaw, I wish the rear wheel insert fit better.

Bruce
Cincyslots
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dw5555 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:11 am

On your road test video the car sounded and handled really well. Did you ever add screws to the pod or did you leave it floating? It would be interesting to see a comparison between tight and loose.

Dave
dw5555
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:20 am

I just loosened the 3 original ones to give it just a touch of float that I showed in the intro video.

I am ordering some more screws to fit the flex caps properly and will test again.

In fact, I am now curious on the other compounds of the chassis. I wonder what different that would make as well? Harder? Softer?
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby Dogsbody » Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:48 pm

I ran mine a few days back and I was pleasantly surprised it wasn't a dog with the 17K motor. The torque of the long can helps. It also goes quite well with the stock tires on it. Now to find some sillies that fit.
Dogsbody
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby docdoom » Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:04 pm

So I'm at a cross road need some help in what road to take.
In the market to get a car to run in our gt class. that is wide open in what you can. just as long has it is not a thunderslot :naughty: :naughty: :naughty: :naughty:
so do i go with the lambo or go with a nsr corvette. track has one really long straight but the rest of the course is very curvy so you are off and on the throttle a lot so the high rpm motor does not mean a fast lap. the nsr is a given car that is quick and the lambo would be the 1st one to run there. but it is so damn sexy also, :angry-tappingfoot: :angry-tappingfoot: :angry-tappingfoot: :angry-tappingfoot: :angry-tappingfoot: so what to do. would just get both but the the better half has put me on a budget till after our trip to Hawaii in a few months. :text-thankyouyellow:
docdoom
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:39 pm

Well would certainly try it (this one). As mentioned, the motor is stronger than you might think, especially geared the way it is. I think the pod system is much improved over others, having a very smooth float to it.

I have a "Skunkworks" fix for silicone application. I'll share tomorrow.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby munter » Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:02 pm

A good review there, Harry.

I dont like the aero wheel idea much either and one motor screw? I would fit a matching pair myself.

Our group has a GT3 class for which I dont have a suitable runner...this could well be it.

Thanks again for the thoughts expressed in the review.
munter
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Next

Return to Product Reviews!