[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - SRC Porsche 907 L

SRC Porsche 907 L

All the Latest & Greatest New Product Reviews!
Share Your Thoughts!

SRC Porsche 907 L

Postby goosenapper » Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:06 pm

Last edited by goosenapper on Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
goosenapper
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: SRC Porsche 907 L

Postby ElSecundo » Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:56 pm

Hey, thanks for the review! I have one of these cars sitting right in front of me, and that saves me the trouble.

Looking at the issues mentioned, it looks like a pretty straightforward/standard Fly tune-up. Glue and true, with a touch of shimming. I hope to get to this car this weekend, and we'll see if that's really all it needs.
ElSecundo
The Great One

Postby Cosmic Bilby » Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:36 pm

H,

You need to give Goosesnapper a job buddy!!!

That is an awesome review, I loved it, brutally honest with that sepia tinged connection to FLY "Spiritual Successor", pass me another doobie brother while I contemplate my navel lint a bit more....

The reality is we don't need another Spiritual Successor to FLY if the Quality Control (and pre-GFC pricing) is similar to FLY in its heyday. I thought the hobby had gone beyond this with some really AWESOME manufacturers turning out mega quality and super value.

Now here is the clincher, there is so much FLY stuff still kicking around out on the market its not funny! And what is great news for us its available for knockdown prices, which makes it fantastic buying (warts and all its still a bargain).

I suppose if you are personally driven to buy some obscure Porsche Endurance derivative, fine, go for it, but for most of us we would be just as happy with a new old stock FLY classic that we have as yet haven't tried before...

Good work Goosesnapper, great review, there is nothing to see that would make me pay a premium price when I can get a couple of original FLY classics that will run just as well for the same money.

C'mon Guys, lets all sing the INTERNATIONALE together now :banana-rock:
Cosmic Bilby
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:46 pm

Your hired, see our accounts manager Helen Waite for salary.

Yes sir, this sure looks and has the traits of the old Fly. So like Kurt said, it will need the same work we have done for years. BUT when you do? The love affair continues :)

Thanks VERY much for the detailed review.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby dreinecke » Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:47 am

Great review! Thanks for the information, now I just have to decide how bad I might want it. Love the looks.
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby balsaworks » Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:05 am

balsaworks
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby goosenapper » Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:25 am

goosenapper
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby goosenapper » Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:23 am

goosenapper
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby ElSecundo » Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:52 am

Balsa, that's a first! Wow, I've never seen that happen before. Split chassis, sure, but not split completely in two. :)

I have to say, if guys from Fly are at the top of a slot car company, expect things to be....inconsistent. They were involved with Spirit, too, I believe.

Many slot car guys couldn't give half a hairy rat's a$$ about things like motor pods and stuff like that, they just want a nice looking, simple and straightforward car to play with. There's still a place for this car's simple chassis, and I would bet that there's no need to change any parts, even the ultra-stiff braids.

The more I look at the review, the more enthused I am about messing around with this car!
ElSecundo
The Great One

Postby balsaworks » Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:00 pm

balsaworks
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:08 pm

Nice job fixing the chassis. Kudos to you.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby Mseitz » Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:43 pm

I was at the vintage races at VIR several years ago and one of the 1-2-3 Daytona 907s was there. Seeing it driven at speed was quite a site. The growl of that V-8 going through the gears was unforgettable. It was still fast, all these years later. Walked up to it in the pits afterwards, with its dramatic tail tipped skyward revealing all the mechanical detail, there was no doubt I was in the company of automotive greatness.

This says nothing about the 1/32 version but I can attest it was modeled after one one the most memorable race cars I've ever seen.
Mseitz
Mseitz

Postby Mseitz » Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:43 pm

I was at the vintage races at VIR several years ago and one of the 1-2-3 Daytona 907s was there. Seeing it driven at speed was quite a site. The growl of that V-8 going through the gears was unforgettable. It was still fast, all these years later. Walked up to it in the pits afterwards, with its dramatic tail tipped skyward revealing all the mechanical detail, there was no doubt I was in the company of automotive greatness.

This says nothing about the 1/32 version but I can attest it was modeled after one one the most memorable race cars I've ever seen.
Mseitz
Mseitz

Postby ElSecundo » Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:40 am

ElSecundo
The Great One

Postby goosenapper » Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:22 am

goosenapper
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Next

Return to Product Reviews!