[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Scalextric Mercedes AMG GT3 - "Gulf"

Scalextric Mercedes AMG GT3 - "Gulf"

All the Latest & Greatest New Product Reviews!
Share Your Thoughts!

Scalextric Mercedes AMG GT3 - "Gulf"

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:38 am

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Re: Scalextric Mercedes AMG GT3 - "Gulf"

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:50 am

That's a very nice car. I see it has lights, always a great feature and on a Scaley, you don't pay extra to get them, being forced to buy a digital car you may have no use for if you want the lights to work.

Question- Does that magnet pocket just ahead of the rear axle serve as a reinforcing item where the rear of the chassis has a narrow point, presumably to correct the problem you mentioned in the Porsche? I mention it because it doesn't look like the usual form of a magnet pocket.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:04 pm

No sir, it's just a standard pocket.

Perhaps I did not word it correctly.

So let's try illustrations? I like pictures.

You see the "bulge" here under the Porsche chassis at the crown gear area? They molded the chassis to completely enclose the crown.

This added plastic means that it can and does make contact on uneven surfaces. Too low a profile on an after-market tire makes it very likely to happen.

On the Merc it is not there. In other words no excess plastic covering the crown.

So ground clearance is improved.

Does that help?
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:38 pm

Oh, I see. I did have that meaning confused. I thought it was the space between the bushings that was changed.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:43 pm

Other item, off topic sort of.

I decided to add some thin, self stick lead INSIDE. On my track I have clearance. But some folks here have rules against it. Not that I try and tune for other rules all the time, but I tried it.

Plenty of room on each side of the motor and up front.

I had a slight "shudder" coming out of the main turn into the straight. Just a few grams and BOOM, this little rascal is HOT :)
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby nhdungeonracer » Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:55 pm

Hey Boss, don't mean to nitpick, but this car has the standard "18k" motor right? At least that's what I see in the pics.
It doesn't look a slimline, and I really hope it isn't 28k like your little spec chart shows... :o
nhdungeonracer
SCC Mechanic

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:23 pm

Huh? Yes...umm no?

Yes it has the standard S can motor 21,500.

No it's not slimline.

Ok refreshed the chart. Thanks for helping me. Thought I had it right!
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby Rooster » Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:41 pm

I picked up this bad boy from Bruce at Cincy Slots last week. I haven't used it as of yet, but will soon. Great looking car!
Rooster
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to Product Reviews!