[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Carrera BMW M1 Procar

Carrera BMW M1 Procar

All the Latest & Greatest New Product Reviews!
Share Your Thoughts!

Carrera BMW M1 Procar

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:56 am

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Re: Carrera BMW M1 Procar

Postby chappy » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:10 am

I wonder if the wheels are the same as the old Pantera and are hard to find tires for.
Very nice looker and should be a good competitor for the Capri.
Nice addition Harry.
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:31 am

Not that hard. I have some would fit, but require sanding the inner rib diameter quite a bit. Did the same to the Capri.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby chappy » Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:09 am

So it is that inner rib that is causing the issue then.
I will have to give it a closer look and see if i can resolve it
on my end.
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:13 am

The width is 8MM on the rib.

A PG 20-13-8 LM will fit, just need to reduce diameter of that rib. The same was with the Capri. I should get a chance to tune today, I'll share :)
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby Junior » Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:21 pm

You have to love the variety of different cars Carrera makes, something for everyone. Good looking car.
Tom
Junior
Shop Teacher

Postby Modlerbob » Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:55 pm

I just got the Andretti car and I agree that it is beautiful................................but, even allowing for the poor stock rear tires it is very slow. Using PG xpg tires all my other Carrera GT styled cars are capable of turning a 5.5-5.8 second lap on my mdf track. This car with the stock tires sanded true can only manage a 6.45 second lap. My best Carrera GT car, my Aston Martin will be able to lap this car in about 10 laps.

I should have found this thread before ordering tires for the car as I mistakenly ordered 20-12-6 tires which are on my other Carrera cars. Why can't the manufacturers stick to one size center rib for all their similar cars?
Modlerbob
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to Product Reviews!