[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Carrera Ford GT

Carrera Ford GT

All the Latest & Greatest New Product Reviews!
Share Your Thoughts!

Carrera Ford GT

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Thu Jun 01, 2017 2:47 pm

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Re: Carrera Ford GT

Postby btaylor » Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:54 pm

That is a sharp car! This months racer magazine has this car mirrored to the original. neat picture for GT fans.

Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby DaFisch » Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:51 pm

Bob, Can you send me a link of where I might find the mag? Thanks!
DaFisch

Postby WB2 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:27 pm

WB2
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby DaFisch » Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:31 pm

Thanks!
DaFisch

Postby SuperSlab » Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:54 am

Got mine over the weekend: a very pretty.... and BIG... car! The level of detail and finish is as we have all come to know, expect and love of Carrera cars. They remain incredible value for money.

In terms of preparation:

1. I have cut the front air dam and rear diffuser off the chassis and glued them to the body. I always set up a fair measure of body float and it offends my sensibilities to have gaps open up when the body moves. OK, OK, I know pretty much nobody would ever see/notice it. Just one of my hangups: I fully understand why slot manufacturers do it this way from a manufacturing perspective, but I just like to have body parts on the body and chassis parts on the chassis.
2. Glued & trued urethanes
3. Installed a B-Nova adapter and Slot.it guide. As others have noted: the guide was just riding too high to make any other easy adjustment. So I just bit the bullet and used one of my (diminishing!) stock of B-Nova adapters.

I suspect this car is going to be very quick. My C7R runs very nicely indeed but I think this is going to be quicker. My new Scaley DP is one of my best running non-pod cars: I think this one is going to be challenging that. And I suppose I should have learned by now not to make predictions like this without the car ever having turned a wheel... One problem is that Luf is in the process of changing his track so all my lap time data (for >200 cars...) will be redundant. Also a new track always takes some time to "rubber in" and settle down. But no matter: I intend taking the Ford GT, the Corvette and the Scaley DP to the new track this weekend to see how they compare.

Alwyn
SuperSlab
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:53 am

Great report. I'm sure you will get it where you like it.

After the guide change and a little more tweaking, mine is closer to the Vette. Truthfully, it just needs a better driver. Hopefully test that soon if I can get anyone to show up.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby SpeedyNH » Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:13 pm

Harry, if we weren't so far away from each other, I'd be honored.
speed
SpeedyNH
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby RichD » Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:22 am

Shoreline Model Raceways has a Carrera class that uses Northeast Challenge rules. Only minimal changes are allowed, but you can use aftermarket rear bushings, axles, crown gears, wheels and silicone tires. Last week I got a Ford GT and I had a chance to try it out last night. The track was an oval, but the car ran well. I did not have my C7R along for a comparison, that car has been competitive in our Carrera class.
RichD
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby David C » Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:14 pm

I was surprised how quickly the tires on this car have lost grip on the Carrera track, cleaning them has little effect, with the big diffuser on the back it seems to want to go 'tail out' much more than the C7R does............
David C

Postby grenou2009 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:14 pm

grenou2009

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:25 pm

Little tuning and they are pretty even here. Don't give up :)
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby RichD » Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:45 pm

As I mentioned earlier we allow a few modifications to Carrera cars. Mine have trued front tires, Quick Slicks on CB Design insert wheels, Slot.it axles and crown gears and Slot Car Corner racing bushings. I tested both the Ford GT and the Corvette C7R today at the famous Wayne's World wood track. The Ford GT did a 6.387 and the Corvette did a 6.236. Both cars are smooth and fun to drive.
RichD
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Drewbert34 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:01 am

$5 .6mm offset bushings on the front axle. Make sure to install without binding as they have to be clocked. Once complete you'll be kicking Corvette booty.
Drewbert34
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby David C » Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:20 am

Crewbert34: There is a typo in your message, do you mean the 0.6 offset bushings on the SCC website?
David C

Next

Return to Product Reviews!