Black Arrow Aston Martin DBR9...REVIEW Complete!

All the Latest & Greatest New Product Reviews!
Share Your Thoughts!

Re: Black Arrow Aston Martin DBR9

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:46 am

Looks good sir, sounds like you have quite a project going here.

Look forward to the review!
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby Jesla » Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:00 am

I'm on the fence with this one. Interested in the technology however the car, Aston Martin, isn't a fav of mine. Maybe it could be a good running mate for the NSR Porsche GT2?......
Jesla
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Cosmic Bilby » Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:27 pm

Good stuff Bibbster,

I like the inclusion of the extra tune-up gear for your review as well, there is a lot of this stuff coming down the pipe and we need to keep people abreast of trends, way too much stuff is not getting attention it deserves.

HRW is about the only place on the net now that is actually getting this sort of info out to the guys....
Cosmic Bilby
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Cosmic Bilby » Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:35 pm

P.S.

I've got the SCALEAUTO HONDA HSV-010 here for review too, its a similar genre to the Black Arrow, am tied up today with stuff but will start the review on it tomorrow.

Just the briefest of looks indicates that Scaleauto have gone with the same sort of front end as their 1/24th chassis, rear end appears more complex (the 1/24th cars are basic).

Might be good to have these two up together at the same time Bibbster, give folks a good look at them before they plonk their money down....
Cosmic Bilby
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Cosmic Bilby » Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:56 pm

Sounds good mate...

...No rush, I'm still in Munyana mode from holidays, will wait on your lead buddy....
Cosmic Bilby
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby mrtiggz » Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:08 pm

i got the scaleauto hsv last year great car i love its smooth drive train handles quiet well geat partner for the sls and nsrs gt crew i think the only downer was the tires but hey cant complain for £44 a scaley costs almost £40
so im getting more bang for my buck.
am interested in the black arrow though looks amazing!!!
quick question does anyone no anything thing about arrow slots and there new salleen s7-r's?
mrtiggz

Postby Cosmic Bilby » Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:15 pm

:roll:
Cosmic Bilby
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby JBriggsK9 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:47 am

"quick question does anyone no anything thing about arrow slots and there new salleen s7-r's?"

I have one and IMHO it is a waste of money.... Scale Auto makes the chassis and motor pods for the Arrow and has a problem with their motor pods being to brittle and all that I have seen have cracked and broken in the first few days of use.. So on top of the 80 dollars for the car you have to put a new slot-it motor pod in and add another 10 dollars to the cost of the car... And in the end they are no faster than any of the slot-it cars we run in the GT class.. And a few guys at the track also have the Scale auto Zonda and that motor pod has the same problem... This is sad as I really like the Scale auto cars..

Chris
JBriggsK9

Postby Cosmic Bilby » Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:13 am

No mag....

Been running the Scaleauto Honda today and its got a fiddly little button mag midships like a heap of other chassis, its hopeless, may as well throw it at the dog...

No mag out of the box was a best of 3.7 seconds on our layout, we have a high mile tuned SCX Corvette with PGT's on the back that runs as sweet as around the 2.9-3.0 second mark.

Will be interesting to see how the Honda goes, will only be putting Urethanes on it and a tune, not putting a heap of parts into this one...

I just wish manufacturers would one day realize there are those of us that DO like magnet cars, it wouldn't be that hard to accommodate us (Slot.it. sure as heck does!!!) :)
Cosmic Bilby
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Cosmic Bilby » Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:56 pm

OK sounds good buddy!

Just finished messing with mine, it went a lot better than hoped, no mag on my Scaley Sport track is a bit of a feat in itself really :)

Was good though, I can see the difference in a quality chassis design without the mag....

(Still love mag though :P ).
Cosmic Bilby
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Black Arrow Aston Martin DBR9...REVIEW Complete!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:00 pm

Great job!

It's up in lights now :)
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:51 pm

Having read the review, and looked at their website, I saw so many head-scratching mysteries I lost count. I keep thinking, "Why did they do that?" over and over. I have come to the conclusion that this car is the result of some very well experienced European slotters who have brought their expertise to this project. Lots of features that wouldn't matter to most folks might be very important to them. On the web, I've seen championships that were held on enormous tracks, hundreds of feet long, that consisted of dozens of laps. The replaceable gear rings make a lot of sense in that situation, as does the ability to change ratios quick and easy.

Imagine a 6 hour enduro on this track: (I think this one is in Australia)
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby dreinecke » Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:24 pm

Great review, Jeremy. Although not my can of beer by choice, the chassis setup, the packaging, etc is all very nice.
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:32 pm

OOPS! It looks like we're in the wrong place. Here is the setup for this discussion:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1722&p=15614#p15614
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby ElSecundo » Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:24 pm

Nice box! :dance:

Thanks for the great review, Jeremy! Mechanically, I really like what I see. Do I need that much machine? Not even close, but the design ideas are solid, and I'd be interested in trying it out.
ElSecundo
The Great One

Next

Return to Product Reviews!