[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Scalextric Ford Daytona Prototype

Scalextric Ford Daytona Prototype

All the Latest & Greatest New Product Reviews!
Share Your Thoughts!

Scalextric Ford Daytona Prototype

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:10 pm

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Re: Scalextric Ford Daytona Prototype

Postby dge467 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:54 pm

That is a great looking car! Also a great review too Harry!
dge467
The King of Foil

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Mon Mar 06, 2017 5:06 pm

Thanks sir, appreciate it.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby bigman » Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:12 pm

HARRY
:text-goodpost: Once again another great review, love your test track it shows just what the cars can do. :auto-driving: :auto-checkeredflag:
I like the look of these cars, who doesn't like the good old red white and blue. :laughing-rolling:
Those proto body styles have been running around Daytona for many years and a lot
of research has been Produced for a lot of Manufactures. :auto-driving: :auto-driving: :auto-checkeredflag: :auto-driving: :auto-driving:
Thanks Harry for your hard work, this place is the best, long live HRW. :auto-checkeredflag:

bigman :flags-waveusa: BIG FAN
bigman
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby SpeedyNH » Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:14 pm

a fan I am. thanks Harry! I also really liked the fishtail on the edge. calm, medium, fast, too fast- excellent! it doesn't get much better that that (unless you ran twice as many laps, that is) (or we could see each lap time up in the corner).
(those gears do sound horrible though.)
agree that one is not enough.
thanks again for all your good work.
Speeder
SpeedyNH
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:08 pm

I had the body loose and that was part of the rattle.

The other part? C'mon...you know what it was...YES, our beloved plastic pinion had a split :)

Appreciate the feedback and kind words. I make mistakes here and there, I just do my best to correct them.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby SpeedyNH » Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:26 pm

aha. they still split, then. bummer.
for my club race cars I usually replace the whole rear end and geartrain so I forgot about That little problem. but sometimes I just change tires to run the car around. good to know. thanks Boss.

I've been waiting for somebody to come out with these cars.
SpeedyNH
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:28 pm

Well I have not had one in awhile. But given the knurling and pressure fit, it usually happens sooner or later. I just swap a Slot.it in there.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby SpeedyNH » Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:51 pm

roger that.
edit: do you take the knurling cr4p off the motor shaft first like I find I have to? just curious.
thannix.
SpeedyNH
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby WB2 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:32 pm

I noticed the reviewer seemed to keep pushing down on the car.
Is this another Scalextric car where the front wheels don't touch the track?
WB2
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:39 pm

The reviewer...that's me.

And I was pushing on it because I had the screws out to pop the body off to show the inside. So I was trying to make sure it looked seated during the second segment after I removed. But in any case I'll try not to do so from now on.

Fronts touch. Look closer at the photos. Tires are clearly seen making contact.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:45 pm

And what cars do you have that do not touch? Most all of mine do, In fact most need a guide change or front tire sanding to get them right.

If your tires are not, try adjusting the braid on them. These cars have narrow braid that gets crossed and bunched up rather easily.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby Z-carfan » Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:35 pm

Good stuff Harry, I think the review was great. Mine is already on order, thanks!
Z-carfan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Rooster » Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:01 pm

Enjoy all your reviews Harry, thank you!

And, I'm one that thinks this is a sharp looking car. :twocents-mytwocents:
Rooster
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby WB2 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:01 am

WB2
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Next

Return to Product Reviews!