[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Scalextric Javelin - Review *FINISHED*

Scalextric Javelin - Review *FINISHED*

All the Latest & Greatest New Product Reviews!
Share Your Thoughts!

Re: Scalextric Javelin - Review In Progress

Postby Wobble » Sat Mar 04, 2017 1:19 am

Great movies Harry. I wondered what the tyres might look like on this new model and those rears in the 1st video look massive. No wonder the poor old Stang got creamed. I wouldn't be surprised if the Javelin rear axle kit becomes quite popular as a spare part for those wanting to upgrade other TA's. In fact it might be quite a good seller if Scaley released new Javelin unmounted rear hubs in packs of 4 or 20.
Wobble
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Scalextric Javelin - Review In Progress

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:18 pm

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Re: Scalextric Javelin - Review *FINISHED*

Postby davek » Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:29 pm

Picked mine up today! Thanks Clover Leaf . davek :flags-waveusa: :music-rockout:
davek

Postby arroldn » Sat Mar 04, 2017 5:42 pm

I should have 2 here on Monday.
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby SpeedyNH » Sat Mar 04, 2017 6:22 pm

kudos for the review, Harry. I really appreciate your work.
and this time the car even came off! thanks Boss- we like to see how the car responds when pushing it past the limit. (that's what practice is for!) (or in my case, the first three heats.)

not intended as a criticism, but is it my imagination or an artifact of the video, do you not get on it right away coming out of the corners nearest the camera? seems to be a delay there. I just raced retros on a restored purple mile/sovereign, and punching the short straights in the éclair is the way to win. just curious.

be interested to see how it tunes up.

speed man
SpeedyNH
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sat Mar 04, 2017 6:25 pm

Thanks all.

I am a little on the cautious side during the videos. You would just see one wreck after another if I filmed my typical style. :)
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sun Mar 05, 2017 1:07 pm

Remember that if you have the chance, please chime in with your own findings at your track.

If you need a host for photos for your report, just let me know.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby davek » Sun Mar 05, 2017 3:48 pm

I removed the magnet, test drove it on my Deplorable Raceway, just a pinch of lead, this car might be Scaleys best yet SWEET! davek :flags-waveusa: :music-rockout:
davek

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sun Mar 05, 2017 4:01 pm

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby davek » Sun Mar 05, 2017 4:27 pm

I will try Harry, I am not computer savey. davek :flags-waveusa: My wife said she will make-it happen! Again davek :flags-waveusa:
davek

Postby Mayberryman » Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:35 pm

Mayberryman
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:45 pm

Well, each club is going to have to evaluate them and make their own determination. It would be a shame not to think about changing the rule if the car provides close racing.

The motor RPM's on stock Scalextric cars have been in this range for quite awhile. I have tested older versions and they are all close to these specs. Within about a 800 rpm or so variance, which is about standard.
The Slot Car News Motor List that Mr. Livingston compiled also reports this with: Scalextric standard “black stripe”, Sport (FC-130) tested 20,577-22,300 RPM/12v

The latest Camaro and Mustang have the same green endbell. Same motor as others, just a different color.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby Drewbert34 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:09 pm

On the sidewinder / inline debate:

With an inline motor wouldn't it only make sense to allow the wider tires and half tray interior as an offset for the weight distribution advantage of sidewinder layouts?

Personally, I very much dislike a stock type (not slot.it) sidewinder setup with that unsightly large wide gear limiting tire width.

Slot.it Can-am is a perfect example with its weiner tires (by comparison to inline offerings).

Bring on the beef!
Drewbert34
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Mayberryman » Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:08 pm

Mayberryman
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:23 pm

I'm not debating your club rules in anyway. Each club finds a good set to follow and if it works, well then as they say: If it ain't broke...

I would just test the car and see. Allow the group to decide. If no go, then no go. Like I stated, it's not going to be welcomed to everyone.

This same discussion was had back a few moons ago over the Fly models such as the Capri and Lancia. One front motor, one sidewinder. Most groups modified the models so they had more variety on race day. Some simply ignored both due to that cost factor you mention.

The car warrants it's own accolades though. Just because it doesn't fit into a set of rules shouldn't stop you or anyone from owning one.

There are times when you just race for the fun of it right? Your budget will guide you there I'm sure.

The green endbell first showed up on this car and the very latest 70 Camaro and Mustang I am now reviewing. It's also in the DP car.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

PreviousNext

Return to Product Reviews!