[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Scalextric Javelin - Review *FINISHED*

Scalextric Javelin - Review *FINISHED*

All the Latest & Greatest New Product Reviews!
Share Your Thoughts!

Re: Scalextric Javelin - Review *FINISHED*

Postby Racie35 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:43 pm

Loosened, it floats but barely..it's dragging everywhere except the very rear valance....it'll need sanding.
Racie35
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

More work required...

Postby SuperSlab » Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:25 am

SuperSlab
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:32 am

Great follow up sir. And you hit on some major points about the front ride height and adjusting weight.

Thank you, well done.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby Racie35 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:06 am

A friend of mine is was working on my javelin last night (Thankyou a ton Larry), we're adding bushings , axle etc and gears..free wheeling fronts and a guide.
Larry pointed out a few things I didn't notice...one was the hex shaped insert of sorts in the body post mounts..look plastic though, anyone know why ?
Racie35
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:32 am

I looked at these and it was the front grill and interior tray that had the hex shape, not the posts?

No idea why.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby SuperSlab » Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:40 am

SuperSlab
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Racie35 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:34 pm

Ahh..ok Harry...I better look closer next time
Racie35
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:33 pm

Don't feel too bad, I thought the same thing at first AND second look. It wasn't until I started really digging into that I discovered it :)

Old age would not be so bad if...well if these parts of mine would stay young :dance:
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby Racie35 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:36 pm

Me too...readers on and I still struggle...thing is I hate to keep buying higher and higher numbers!
Racie35
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby bkrownd » Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:18 pm

Thanks for the nice review.

I had a preorder for the Pioneer version years and years ago :doh: I see they're still talking about making it though.
bkrownd
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Dundee Denny » Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:22 pm

Car runs great out of the box, the only tinkering I will undertake other than tires is to black out the inside rear quarter panels and trunk lid.

The back quarter glows pretty bright with the rear lights on.

Love the lights, so the blacking out the back end will be a project worthwhile to get the bonus rear lights!

Dundee Denny
Dundee Denny
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Dundee Denny » Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:14 pm

Boyz had to get away from sanding flares on the 63 Vette tonight and ran the Javelin against some of the other T/A cars at Dundee Speedway.

The track is 125 feet of Scalley Sport, with lots of R1 & R2 curves and the longest two straights are 12 feet each.

That said with magnets operational:

Javelin with IG2082 Indys = lane 1 = 13.2 / lane 2 = 13.1 #2

69 Camaro Scalextric M6X =lane 1 = 12.6 / lane 2 = 12.7 #1 tie
67 Camaro Pioneer M6X = lane 1 = 13.4 / lane 2 = 13.1 #3

67 Mercury Scalextric M6X= lane 1 = 13.7 / lane 2 = 13.6 #4

70 Mustang Boss Scal M6x = lane 1 = 12.8 / lane 2 12.7 #1 tie

Don't know if the M6X is really that much of an upgrade.

The only "set-up is" oil, check rims, and back off 1/2 turn screws

So for me on any given time I am running one of these T/A's and not on the clock, I will never know the difference in speed!

Dundee Denny
Last edited by Dundee Denny on Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dundee Denny
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby RichD » Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:05 am

If you are running Trans-Am cars in boxstock form and the new Scalextric Javelin is too fast you could always handicap it by putting diodes between the white controller wire and the white track connection. That is easy to do if your track has regular driver's panels. If you are still using plastic track wiring you could put the diodes inside of the car, that would also decrease braking somewhat.
RichD
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Racie35 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:00 pm

monday I'm testing mine on a track in the club here..I'm not too good usually but there will be a better driver there testing too so I'll be able to report on it. A very good setup guy has done this one, so it'll go good and has a few upgrades.
Racie35
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Racie35 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:02 pm

Here's a pic
Racie35
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

PreviousNext

Return to Product Reviews!