[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Scalextric Javelin - Review *FINISHED*

Scalextric Javelin - Review *FINISHED*

All the Latest & Greatest New Product Reviews!
Share Your Thoughts!

Re: Scalextric Javelin - Review *FINISHED*

Postby dreinecke » Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:43 pm

FINALLY! I got to run a box-stock Javelin on my friend Chris' track this morning and then my box-stock on my small oval tonight.

Best car I've gotten from Scalextric in a while! Ran perfect, smooth, and quick. Held it's own perfectly with a tuned '69 Camaro.

Absolutely fantastic car!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby Racie35 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:17 am

Mines pretty good after the changes, but a little tippy compared to the Camero's.
Racie35
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: More work required... UPDATE

Postby SuperSlab » Sat Apr 01, 2017 11:50 am

SuperSlab
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Radarek » Sat Apr 01, 2017 2:07 pm

And I'm fully supporting what you said Alwyn.

70 camaro is very good base to make good racer. With stock chassis and zero modification done to body with slot it 21.5k motor I get my to same speed as sideways group 5 cars around my track.

Didn't try javelin jet as is on the way.

Radarek
Radarek
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:37 pm

This kind of feedback is pretty priceless IMHO. Different tracks, methods, etc.

Had a fun run tonight against a well prepped Cougar. Doc tuned this car and as we know, the Cougar needs a lot of help.

It was one heck of a slot fight. Not just the Javelin, but just both running as smooth and fast as we could ask for around here. As more advanced tuners get more time, seems the Javelin will be a good choice on race night.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:13 am

All this info is helpful, and I agree it is one of the best things HRW does.

I also would point out that Scaley cars (especially the TransAms for some reason), get faster and faster the more you run them. Get the weight right, weight distribution right, tire issues, body float, and sometimes a guide swap, and drive it like you stole it for a month. Check the lap time again, and it will be a substantially faster car every time. (assuming the car didn't fly off the track, bounce off a washing machine, ricochet off a water heater and grind into a concrete floor in the meantime...)

I really couldn't stand that empty headlight look, so I silver Sharpied them and they look much better. Also, a black wash does wonders for that crazy overdone front grill. Careful about the wash, its very easy to get too much in there and you have to wipe it off and start again. All you want is a shadow so the car doesn't look like it is paved across the front in diamonds. Do both jobs to this car and it will take you 5 minutes. You will really love the results.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby 4424ever » Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:52 am

4424ever
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Racie35 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:31 pm

This car is noticeably narrower than the Camaro I have here....I think it's tippy because of that. Enough to where on the climbs it's impossible to keep up on that part. You can actually see it two wheeling there a lot. Nothing seems to be helping that now that it's tuned.
Racie35
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:43 pm

I placed some sheet lead underneath. Just a little helped a great deal before the race last night. Realize some have rules against lead on bottom, but what can I say? Not here.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby Racie35 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:58 pm

Lead can't be seen here..or it would have a chunk there :D
Racie35
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Previous

Return to Product Reviews!