[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Scalextric Porsche 911 - Gulf

Scalextric Porsche 911 - Gulf

All the Latest & Greatest New Product Reviews!
Share Your Thoughts!

Scalextric Porsche 911 - Gulf

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:44 pm

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Re: Scalextric Porsche 911 - Gulf

Postby Aloha » Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:58 pm

Harry
Great review. I like your straight forward comparison of the inline vs. sidewinder models.
Gulf livery looks sharp.
Aloha
Dale
Aloha
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby SpeedyNH » Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:20 pm

in the road test, I'd like to see you push 'em til they come out, so we can see where that point is and how they act.
speedy
SpeedyNH
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:56 pm

Well that might be the easiest request ever :)

Thanks for the feedback guys.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby chappy » Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:18 pm

Excellent review Harry, and the head to head comparison is long awaited.
I think with all stock except for tires these cars are compatible for GT cars, and i suspect that the TA series will accept the new Javelin based on this . Again an excellent review and one which leaves me full of promise .
Thanks again for your hard but very appreciated work for us.
Bob.
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:04 pm

Appreciate the feedback a great deal.

Comparing these models on my track surface is a very focused view. Not many racers will have these same conditions. But all I can do is compare them on the track I have. I have heard feedback from others saying they feel the car very competitive. So it seems a favorable platform.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby Ky.Slot Racer » Wed Mar 01, 2017 3:42 pm

I also picked one of these up, along with the (PCR) Underpan, and built it from there. I`ll send this along to you to run Harry for another angle if you like. It makes for a nice easy swap for the lights also.

Ky.Slot Racer
HRW Master Modeler

Postby Oscar Racing » Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:49 pm

When you switched to the PCR chassis did you have to do anything to the interior?
Oscar Racing
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:51 pm

Excellent Mark. Sure, I would be honored to take it for a thrashi...I mean a spin :)
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby Ky.Slot Racer » Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:36 pm

No, nothing was done to the interior, it`s a flat tray so there is plenty of room. Easiest chassis swap I`ve done as far as being able to swap electrics, fit and ability to customize to your hearts content.

I`ll get it in the mail tomorrow H !
Ky.Slot Racer
HRW Master Modeler

Postby arroldn » Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:40 am

Looks good Harry. I may need to get me one. Looks like my new revenue stream that starts this month (SS) will fund my slot car budget. Tell the president to leave my slot car fund alone.

Arrold
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Josh S » Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:59 am

This is actually my first Scalextric car. I have it chipped with a Carson DPR chip for my Carrera Digital track. The car is super smooth and fast!

Josh S
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby scatman » Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:25 am

Last night was race night at Blake's, and we tested the cars, and the McClaren was leaving the 911 behind. On the inline vs SW question, I use to race every week with Hotshoe and his group, and we had different winners every week. It just came down to setting up the cars. Now, on the 911, I will do some testing today and see if I can make it faster.
scatman
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Ky.Slot Racer » Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:52 pm

Mailman is rushing the Porsche straight out to you H..... as I type :lol:
Ky.Slot Racer
HRW Master Modeler

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:18 pm

Oh I know your mailman is on it. He knows who he is dealing with :)

Thanks!
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Next

Return to Product Reviews!