[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Carrera Ferrari 365 P2 - #1

Carrera Ferrari 365 P2 - #1

All the Latest & Greatest New Product Reviews!
Share Your Thoughts!

Carrera Ferrari 365 P2 - #1

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:27 pm

Finally had this car join the fleet. Thanks to my wonderful grandkids who thought "Papaw" needed a new toy :)

We have already had the discussion on the color. Given the changes back in 65, and the photos to work with, it's not that bad. What IS bad is trying to capture the shade correctly. I have not had a slot car give me so much trouble behind the lens. I adjusted it the best I could to represent what the car looks like in hand.

This is the digital version of course, but in this case I doubt it stays digital. I know a group that needs chips, so it likely will be donated.

Regardless of color accuracy, it's a cool car.

It simply boils down to either you like it or not. I think this classic Ferrari is likely the nicest looking AND performing classic they have made since the Cobra. So because I enjoyed the first release, i simply had to have a running mate.

Standing in front of the display case at the local shop, there were 4 guys drooling over all the cars. I had the case unlocked and picked this car out and held it in my hand. I asked the guys there if they knew what the car was. The reply? "Not really, says Ferrari on the case thank goodness". "It's pretty cool whatever it is".

Yes it is pretty cool. I put it back because my car was ordered and in the mail. Just wanted a quick closer look. It did not make it back to the shelf. The one I had in hand, and a red one left the store with 2 lucky home racers. These guys have good taste :)

I like this effort and look forward in tuning it. Will detail the wheels like I did the first one and just enjoy the ride.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Re: Carrera Ferrari 365 P2 - #1

Postby munter » Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:27 am

I like this car but...is there a little "clam shell" on the rear under part/valance.
The second pic shows some separation maybe?
munter
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:56 am

They look great together and kudos to Carrera for making it more than just a green version of the red car!

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:42 am

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby DaveKennedy » Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:44 pm

Excellent Harry, nice work capturing the color on the car! I've tried myself using 2 different cameras and even i failed where you succeeded in getting the color of the slot car... and it's a nice review too of course.
DaveKennedy
Master Shutterbug

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:52 pm

Thanks sir! Yes it was a challenge.

My wheel detail method. Just simple Acrylic found at Wal-Mart and a cotton swab.

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby MrAdept » Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:41 pm

The wheel update makes a huge difference to the car - I might have to get them.

I am amused by the paint - it's announcing that is it Plaid... but plainly it is not :D

Mark
MrAdept
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to Product Reviews!