[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Scalextric BMW E30 BTCC 1991

Scalextric BMW E30 BTCC 1991

All the Latest & Greatest New Product Reviews!
Share Your Thoughts!

Scalextric BMW E30 BTCC 1991

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:14 pm

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Re: Scalextric BMW E30 BTCC 1991

Postby Cosmic Bilby » Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:30 pm

G'day Harry,

Is this the same model as the new Jim Richards John Player Special car?

I'm looking at putting together a Group A field of touring cars to run, a new class. Have the Dick Johnson Shell Sierra and also a Taisan GTR (HPI).
Cosmic Bilby
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:48 pm

Yes. Remember these are inline though.

Not a very popular car as you might guess, but it does run pretty good.

One word of caution: I am discovering that the front guide plates are very loose fitting. In fact, rather frustrating. Going to convert both of the BTCC models I have to solid, more reliable Slot.it.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby Cosmic Bilby » Sun Jan 08, 2017 5:55 am

G'day H,

I love the review especially the video segment, really good quality stuff there.

Ok I haven't got an issue with the inline layout, it's my favoured set up so all good for me.

I think I'll be using urethane son mine, I like PGT's, probably have something kicking around here at home that will fit the rim.

Is the looseness of the guide plate a wear issue on the moulding die maybe?

That style of guide used to be acceptable, my main issue was always the lack of depth of the blade. I do have some spare guides here that I can swap out if I run into troubles with this one :)
Cosmic Bilby
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:16 am

To be honest I have not inspected it close enough to determine the exact cause.

One issue is where the lead wire ends (metal straps) connect to base plate. Very loose and tend to slide outwards, effecting connection.

Blade depth, yes might be an issue. They improved it on the first issue, but changed it back. Reports of it dragging on outdated classic track. A shame really, it's time to move forward and stop worrying about this compatibility.

You should find that getting tires easy enough given the wheel sizes. I'm a PG man myself, but had a surprise with the Quick Slicks Firm blend. The soft and extra firms don't work very well, but this middle blend seems to last. Just a heads up if you feel the need for a silicone option.

Thanks for the feedback. Glad you enjoyed the review.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Return to Product Reviews!