[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Carrera Torino Returns

Carrera Torino Returns

All the Latest & Greatest New Product Reviews!
Share Your Thoughts!

Carrera Torino Returns

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Fri Oct 14, 2016 7:58 pm

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Re: Carrera Torino Returns

Postby miveson » Fri Oct 14, 2016 10:38 pm

One thing I'm struggling with is the yellow car? Some photos have the yellow as a nice bright colour compared to the Harry video where the yellow looks dull. Not sure what lighting is on either but I'm curious to know what the yellow actually looks like - clearly either Dave's or Harry's pictures are wrong due to lighting issues.

Can someone advise which picture is depicting the real colour?

Thanks

mark
miveson
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Slottus » Sat Oct 15, 2016 12:46 am

The Parsons-Torino is done in a quite banana-ish yellow.
I oriented the bodycolor on the car as it runs today, older pictures can't be trusted...
Slottus
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sat Oct 15, 2016 7:33 am

I struggle with lighting at times. My images might be on the bright side. Here is another.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby BRS Hobbies » Sat Oct 15, 2016 10:39 am

Nice job on the review as always. The cars look great! Hopefully Carrera will release more new ones for next year.

Best regards,
Brian
BRS Hobbies
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby goosenapper » Sat Oct 15, 2016 10:56 am

I agree that it is great to see an old mold make a comeback, and it is wonderful that the rear on the chassis of these cars wasn't jacked to the sky like the Mustangs, but I'd like to see completely new classic American cars. While we have seen some recent repaints of Stingrays and Bel Airs, we haven't seen a new classic US car from them since the Cobras and Cheetahs in 2012.
goosenapper
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby miveson » Sat Oct 15, 2016 7:08 pm

That looks better, not so pale now.... need to get myself these two cracking liveries.
miveson
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sat Oct 15, 2016 8:51 pm

Here is another.

We could go on all day about what cars they should or could make. I remember the posts couple years back about the latest Superbirds and people chimed in asking for the return of the Fords. Well, here they are.

I admit my liking of Carrera and have good reasons. They do the best they can bringing us cars like this. Having this great mold from the past reissued, like the Vettes, Monza, is pretty good to me. There are many cars to make, and we all have a wish list. But seeing perfectly good molds brought back makes sense.

And from the oval racer side, selfishly happy. We have literally tons of road car options. Rounds rounder fans do not.

Sorry about the photos. It is lighter than that one photo from Carrera though. I try to get nice pics, but sometimes I fail.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby slothead » Sat Oct 15, 2016 8:54 pm

I ordered a #98 Parson's Torino from Carerra Slots Thursday around noon - it way on it's way that afternoon.

It's interesting how in Harry's second set of photos regrading what shade of yellow this car really is, it looks paler in the foreground than it's reflection off the back of the case does in the background. I thought it was a pale yellow, sort of like the old yellow pages directory, but would love it if it's a richer and brighter yellow.

I guess I'll know in a few more days.

Slothead
slothead
The Doctor is IN!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sat Oct 15, 2016 9:03 pm

And hopw you report back.

The last image I posted I have done my best to match it with what I have in my hands. It's a tough car to get right, as if I teak any contrast settings, it changes quite a lot.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby slothead » Sat Oct 15, 2016 9:49 pm

Anyone know if Benny and Wendell ever competed in the same race? I think not because by the time I started watching stock car racing on TV on a regular basis Benny was a rising star and little was known about Wendel. If I'd have known about him as a kid he'd of been my hero.

As the years went by Benny was one of my favorite drivers, then as an announcer. He came across as a real gentleman.

I'm not going to get into what makes & models I'd like see from this era, but hope there will be some Harry Gant, Tim Richmond, Darrel Waltrip, and Geoff Bodine roundy rounders someday to recreate their early career battles.

Slothead
slothead
The Doctor is IN!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:19 am

They did compete. Although not in the ARCA scheme Benny's model has.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby slothead » Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:18 pm

Got the Parson's Torino today and am very happy. I ordered PG tires for it but silicone tires work best on my slippery oval so it now has Indy Grip 7009's on it and runs great.

What color yellow is it? Totally depends on where you look at it. On the track it's just like in Harry's initial photos. Under the lamp as I changed tires the yellow really pops. I may need to brighten up my Victory Lane lighting for when Benny claims the checkered flag.

Also, qualification times are almost dead even with the #58 Andy Hampton Charger and 2 Monogram Ford Fairlanes, so the car has racing buddies.

Slothead
slothead
The Doctor is IN!

Postby Broman62 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:33 pm

I got my order in yesterday from Carrera Slots along with my other cars I had pre ordered back in May!!!! The Corvette in front I got a few weeks ago from my LHS(local hardware store)!! Waiting till I get a few home things done till I open them :mad:

Image[/URL]
Broman62
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:23 pm

Good feedback guys, outstanding.

Thank you.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Next

Return to Product Reviews!