Racer Sideways Gulf Porsche 937/77A

All the Latest & Greatest New Product Reviews!
Share Your Thoughts!

Racer Sideways Gulf Porsche 937/77A

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Mon May 16, 2016 5:53 pm

Many have waited for this car in the now popular "Historical" theme series. I do not deny that it was a purchase completely on looks.

The additional fuel pump is a nice trinket. But honestly, I would have bought the car without it.

The older chassis pod is under here which to some is a turn off. For myself it's not a big deal. I have others that have the same and with some standard tuning they run swift and smooth on our smaller track.

Effort in the paint is very well done. Noticed a little edging highlights on the black pin stripes over the orange, but nothing that major to take away from the appeal.

It's sort of odd that this Porsche is not my favorite model by a long shot. So many variations of this car have been done that they simply do not appeal to me that much. HOWEVER, the Sideways versions do for good reasons: Running gear and paint schemes. No matter how good it looks, having the quality gear under the hood is equally important to me. These cars have become regulars around here because they have both.

And this completes my "Trifecta" of them for our track. :auto-checkeredflag:

Overall I am very pleased. Thanks Cloverleaf Racing for great service yet again.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Re: Racer Sideways Gulf Porsche 937/77A

Postby Brumos RSR » Mon May 16, 2016 8:48 pm

"Must resist as you already own at least 4 versions of this car... Don't do it stay away must resist" In my Super man voice while in the presence of kryptonite
Brumos RSR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby mikeinclover » Tue May 17, 2016 10:10 am

Don't want to long they are getting in short supply.
Mike
mikeinclover
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby DManley » Tue May 17, 2016 11:39 am

This is a fantasy livery, right? It still looks really nice, and if it didn't race in these colors it should have! I need to check these out. They should run closely with the Capri and M1, Right? Gulf and Porsche just go together perfectly...
DManley

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Tue May 17, 2016 11:50 am

Yes. Part of the Historical series. Yes they run fine with the various cars in the Sideways Group 5 series.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby goosenapper » Tue May 17, 2016 12:42 pm

The car looks nice but it bugs me that they chose to use an LCD face for the historic pump instead of rolling numbers. That just doesn't make sense unless you have a track that is designed to model the present day yet hosts some throw-back races.
goosenapper
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to Product Reviews!